Wow.......just.......

Some part of me feels this article is written just to get a rise. I. Actually thought it was a comedic piece at first.

This is the best sentence in the whole thing:
But I never felt the needs of my baby awarded me the right to breast-feed wherever I chose.

I just.....don't even know what to say. :dohh:

I do, get used to my tits lady, the needs of my baby trumps your feelings.

if it was a lady sat eating a sandwich then nothing would be said.

I dont even know what to say!!! How can she say boobs are foremost for sexual reasons!?? I never get this argument...women have breasts purely to feed their babies surely hence why men dont have them. Us humans have obviously realised they can be enjoyed for other reasons but I think it is the most rediculous thing to say that we have them for sexual pleasure. I hate it when people compare it to having sex or going to the toilet, firstly you can wait till your in private to have sex and going to the toilet is getting rid of waste products that spread germs, breastfeeding is feeding and comforting a very small dependent human being who unfortunately cant say ' hurry up mum im gonna be hungry in 20 mins so can we get home' they wanna eat when they wanna eat no comparison in my eyes!!!

This is disgusting. We eat in public so why can't our babies. No one frowns upon someone getting a bottle out so why is a boob any different. I don't flaunt it but equally don't hide away and if someone has a problem then look away as I won't stop feeding my baby. This shouldn't ever be something to debated!!

1. Anyone who uses the word "Breastapo" ie compares breastfeeding mothers to genocidal killers, can be safely disregarded as an idiot.
2. Nobody breastfeeds in public for political purposes on a day-to-day basis.
3. Daily Mail. 'Nuff said.

I'm having a chuckle at "globular tissue". I have heard breasts referred to as fun-bags, jugs, titties, knockers, boobs and l sort of other creative names. Not sure if I've heard of the globular tissue one before though.

As someone who nursed in public with large breasts, the last of my intentions was to offend other people. I would have been mortified of someone else felt this way about me feeding my baby.

Of course if I have the choice I will choose a private, quiet place to BF. But I'm not gonna walk 20 minutes with a crying baby either!! If I have to BF in public, I use a breastfeeding cover, end of the story!!

I always use a cover and I've never been met with opposition!!! In fact I feel as though when I'm nursing I get an uncomfortable amount of "oohs and awws " and "let me make you as comfortable as possible".. it's actually kind of awkward for me because I'm such a private person, looking for the most secret place within a few steps, the back corner Booth, or a quiet room to nurse in... unless it's family. I nursed in the swimming pool the other day, it was all girls except my young nephews and I used a cover!
I have seen one example though of a lady who really did take it too far. Walking around with one boob pulled out exclaiming that she was about to feed her baby, but never fed her baby, kept walking around shopping with her shirt and bra pulled down and one boob just dangling, it was odd to me but I just looked away and went on about my business... sometimes I do feel she could be the reason people feel breast feeding is taboo!! One bad apple spoils the lot so to speak! (PLEASE don't hate me for saying that, I'm a HUGE breast feeding advocate, and think it's one of the most beautiful things ever, and have seen countless women nurse, this is just an example I've seen personally that I can see... and again she wasn't breast feeding, she was just walking around with one boob out exclaiming she needed to feed her baby)

1. Anyone who uses the word "Breastapo" ie compares breastfeeding mothers to genocidal killers, can be safely disregarded as an idiot.
2. Nobody breastfeeds in public for political purposes on a day-to-day basis.
3. Daily Mail. 'Nuff said.

Totally agree!

"globular tissue". I have heard breasts referred to as fun-bags, jugs, titties, knockers, boobs and l sort of other creative names. Not sure if I've heard of the globular tissue one before though.

As someone who nursed in public with large breasts,... I would have been mortified of someone else felt this way about me feeding my baby.

Yes I found that description particularly offensive. Methinks the writer of this piece might have some unaddressed self-image issues????

I'm having a chuckle at "globular tissue". I have heard breasts referred to as fun-bags, jugs, titties, knockers, boobs and l sort of other creative names. Not sure if I've heard of the globular tissue one before though.

As someone who nursed in public with large breasts, the last of my intentions was to offend other people. I would have been mortified of someone else felt this way about me feeding my baby.

I found that term weird, too. I dunno, though. After the.... deflation I experienced once DS1 was older, if I thought anyone was using any term as round and full sounding as "globular" to describe my fun-bags, I'm more likely to feel "F*&k yeah! Thank you!" than mortified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->