Wrapping paper...

Status
Not open for further replies.

highhopes19

Reaction score
Soooo tell me do you have a particular colour theme? Style?

This year I'm looking at wrapping the presents under the tree in brown parcel paper with pretty ribbons, lace and bows etc?

Isabelle's ones when she comes down on Christmas Day are gonna be colourful character wrapped paper

:flower:

I change mine each year. Last year it was red and white to match the tree, the year before was traditional, tartan/brown paper etc. Gonna see what's out this year before I decide :D

I did all mine with brown paper and postage tags last year, they looked awesome, I didn't want anyone to open them.

This year I have a cleared next account lol, so whatever takes my fancy in there I think. I'm thinking purple... :)

There is so much paper I love that I just mix and match it. I don't put any under the tree before christmas as theres always one child who can't keep out of them lol

Two years ago we did brown paper and string. Last year we used mustard coloured tissue paper with chocolate coloured velvet ribbon, which sounds weird but it looked so gorgeous. This year I am using mustard, navy and dark red tissue paper and various velvet ribbons.

Two years ago we did brown paper and string. Last year we used mustard coloured tissue paper with chocolate coloured velvet ribbon, which sounds weird but it looked so gorgeous. This year I am using mustard, navy and dark red tissue paper and various velvet ribbons.

Do you have any pictures? They both sound amazing.

Ooh I love wrapping with tissue paper. One year I did red tissue and instead of ribbon I stuck a big gold Celtic style embossed sticker on the front of each one. Okay it sounds weird but it was dead nice.

Usually I just do a mix of whatever styles appeal to me in the stores. But this year I know I want to do something sparkly. :) I'm thinking maybe silver or gold or a mix of both.

Do you have any pictures? They both sound amazing.

Sure I'll go have a look for some for you!

I've never done a "theme" before- but thinking this year i'll have a paper for DH, a paper for DD and one for DS. Then I don't have to spend extra time writing tags etc.

I will just have to get DH to do the same for me! Ha.

Here you go! Sorry I don't have any better photos.

Last year, yellow paper and velvet ribbon:

1511118_10153644074625541_1261039699_n.jpg
1509188_10153644074470541_131666264_n.jpg

Brown paper and string for Rory's first Christmas:

393797_10151060182895541_1739299764_n.jpg

i've always loved the traditional Santa paper, so i do that style every year

I like traditional/Victorian motif paper. Thing is though, I might stick to a theme but people who give us presents all use their own paper, so the tree still ends up with a mish-mash of designs underneath it.

Last year I got the girls each a mahoooooosive roll of paper each from Costco (I wrap everything in one paper for one and a different paper for the other so they know exactly who's is who's) and there's still half a roll of each left :-/ so gonna use same paper again this year then just get different for the baby. :)
I just get bright paper with santas or penguins etc on them. I used to go all out on ribbon and bows but with having kids now it's too fidley for them.

Where did you get that mahooooosive penny from?!

Do most people mix & match paper or all the same for their LO's? It's only our second Christmas here but I want to start getting my story straight for next year when she will be able to ask questions. I've told my hubby this year is our last practice run!

I use different wrapping paper each year. I normally have a total riff raff of paper but I think I am going to go with a theme this year. Me and OH are doing the house up so will have to see what our new lounge looks like before I decide

I like a mishmash of paper. We get presents from other people under our tree as well so we will never have everything matching under the tree.

The only thing I make sure is that anything Santa wraps in we don't. That's why I keep large pieces from the year before to wrap stocking presents.

Where did you get that mahooooosive penny from?!

Do most people mix & match paper or all the same for their LO's? It's only our second Christmas here but I want to start getting my story straight for next year when she will be able to ask questions. I've told my hubby this year is our last practice run!

Asda Christmas aisle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back