Wrapping paper...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i usually pick 2/3 styles which match well and stick with that.
one thing i wont get is character wrap. i hate it lol! (sorry kids)

I like mixing and matching, and use different styles for different things :)

I like to mishmash paper for the boys. I get several rolls of paper and make sure they have a few wrapped in each paper. I have a couple of separate rolls for adult. A more traditional theme and a more modern adult theme so I can match the individuals taste. Instead of the boys knowing whos is whos through paper, they have individual piles from Santa, which are in the same place each year. They were discussing it the other day and DS3 was saying "mine go over here". I also have a different paper thats for the presents from us and they go under the tree. They enjoy rummaging around finding their names.

I mix but usually stick to the same colour :)

I've always wrapped DS1's all in the same paper but will get DS2 a different paper for all his this year. I then do all the other kids' in a kiddy style paper & all the adults in something nice with bows etc. anything awkward gets wrapped in tissue paper & put in gift bags!

This year I want to do brown paper but not sure on where to buy it from? Couldn't find anywhere that did it last year....

I'll be doing teal ribbon and bows to match my tree :)x

For the boys I have 3 different paper(1 each then for joint) and OH and I have different colours then its easy to see who's is who's from a glance.

I bought some handmade paper from hobbycraft to use this year. It's not really wrapping paper, I think it's for scrap booking but the paper is gorgeous, they had lots of different styles. For LO I saw some animal print tissue paper in hobbycraft so I'm going to use that. It's kiddie style animal print, cow, ladybird, giraffe, big prints and very bright.

This year I want to do brown paper but not sure on where to buy it from? Couldn't find anywhere that did it last year....

What about normal parcel paper that's what I was planning to use ? Not sure if its the right sort though :xx

We don't really theme, just buy what we like. Though we make sure Santa has his own paper. :thumbup:

We just pick a few that 'match' and that we like. eg last year i had a red with white spots, red with white/silver merry xmas words and white with silver/red reindeers. This year im giving the kids all individual wrapping paper so they can pick out their own pressies under the tree instead of having piles pre made.

My wrapping paper is just a load of random rolls. I never colour coordinate it :haha:

I must admit, I use what ever is left over from previous years (yes, plural - I have so many half rolls left!). Reading this, though, I now want to co-ordinate my wrapping paper to my decorations, or have a theme!

What about normal parcel paper that's what I was planning to use ? Not sure if its the right sort though :xx

This was my first thought but then I saw some in Paperchase which looked like parcel paper but wasn't iykwim? But it was really expensive so I didn't bother :wacko:

May try parcel paper anyway and pretty it up with ribbons etc xx

Last year, I used one roll for DS1, and another roll for DS2, so we could immediately tell whose gift it was under our tree when we did our own Christmas at home.

We also do Christmas at the in-laws, and my grandma's house, so those gifts I use an assortment of pretty paper for the gifts, and I like to use really pretty ribbon to tie them up with. I buy big rolls of assorted ribbon after the holidays on clearance so I have a good assortment to choose from.

This was my first thought but then I saw some in Paperchase which looked like parcel paper but wasn't iykwim? But it was really expensive so I didn't bother :wacko:

May try parcel paper anyway and pretty it up with ribbons etc xx

Try home bargains Hun if you have one near you, got some just like you said but was £1 a roll and its a big roll Aswell :D

Xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back