WTF... Odd appointment today...confused.

Nic-Flowers

Reaction score
Well I had my check up today and it went...oddly.

I was originally supposed to be 23 weeks today.
Then according to our last scan Aedan was measuring a week ahead so I should have been 24 weeks (nearly 25).

So when the nurse practitioner came in she said I looked big...huge compared to when she saw me four weeks ago. After feeling my uterus she told me I am measuring at 29 weeks so we have to have a scan next week and the Glucose Tolerance Test or Blood Glucose Test.

She said measuring this far along could be one of these things:
  • A very large baby
  • Too much amniotic fluid
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • Aedan could have been stretched WAAAAY out when she measured

I guess we will find out next week. I have never heard of anyone jumping this far ahead in four weeks time!

this happened with my first, you know I think my due date was off to start. He was only 7 lbs 2 oz so...not quite the monster size baby they scared me into at 7 months

Well we were taking Clomid, so we monitored my cycle and conception pretty closely with the doctor. I just really can't believe this, time flies.

hmmmmmm strange! Not sure about this one hunny! :shock:bet you were surprised though :shock::lol:

although, I have been told that sometimes babys grow fast and then have a break...and then by the time they are born they arent that big at all!:wacko:bit screwed up:wacko:

Just keep your chin up and hopefully its not gestational diabetes...as it means missing out on eating yummy things like chocolate and stuff! :winkwink: :hugs: thinking of you sweet pea...keep us posted!

baby could have been in an ackward position. Which is common but Id bet its GD :(

Don't let them scare you with the scan, growth scans are really unreliable.

Don't let them scare you with the scan, growth scans are really unreliable.

Well they scared me by saying that he is big by feeling my uterus, the scan might clear things up a bit. I am just anxious at the moment. I don't want to have to think about it at all...but I am already a worried mother. :dohh:

I found Aedan's heartbeat with the fetal monitor we bought off ebay, it is supposed to be for third trimester, it worked for the first time today...:happydance: we found it, such a cute little sound....

Dont worry hun , i measured full term pretty much when i was 30 weeks pregnant.
Our bodies are just shaped and hold babies different , they just go with the average measurements ;)

I only have a few more days until my scan, I guess we will see whats going on then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->