WTF!

Beltane

Mother of 3 Boys!
Reaction score
So a friend of mine who is very pregnant said to me yesterday " The extra baby weight looks great on you". Um. WOW. I didn't realize that the extra 10 pounds I have was that noticable! I was really offended. I wear loose fitting clothing so the only one who see's my extra weight is my husband. Why would she say that to me? How hurtful. :cry:

Bitch....:gun:

She probably said it to make herself feel better about the fact that she's carrying around a baby and feels like the size of a truck

10lbs will not be noticeable chicky :hugs:

xxx

Grr.. I'd have slapped her.

I'm spiteful, but I'd be sure to make any comment to insult her about her baby weight that I got. That was so rude of her, she deserves it back!

arr sweetie :hugs: that would have really offended me too...

however could she have said it because she didnt have anything else to say.... i found that alot when I was pregnant... ppl really didnt know what to say to me..:)

:hug:

Hun, maybe she meant it nicely? - Your body changes a bit so you probably don't look exactly the same shape as before you were pregnant, - like do you jeans lie differently? Just a thought :hugs:

10lb can make a thin girl look slightly curvier (in a good way!) but for most people it's not that much noticable.

lol u shuda sed as will the 2stone uve gained on ur ass xx

Hun, maybe she meant it nicely? - Your body changes a bit so you probably don't look exactly the same shape as before you were pregnant, - like do you jeans lie differently? Just a thought :hugs:

10lb can make a thin girl look slightly curvier (in a good way!) but for most people it's not that much noticable.

I'm inclined to agree with Mynxie. Unless she said it in a tone that was meant to sting, my impression is that she was giving you a genuine compliment. It's easy to get really oversensitive about postpreg weight. It feels like it takes forever to get your body back. I have to keep myslef from getting angry at my old clothes for not fitting yet ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->