WTF???

KittyVentura

Autism Mum
Reaction score
I had a Chemical/VERY early MC in July - I was just under 5 weeks when I sarted bleeding. I finished bleeding on 21st July (CD6) and we were right back to it having sex every other day from then. I checked for BFN on 23rd (CD8) with a superdrug test (10miu) and got my BFN. We're talking a "not even a hint of a line to obsess over" lol.

I've been using OPKs this month and would have thought I should have ovulated around CD15 (Sun) and started using OPKs on CD12. Had varying darkness of lines but nothing positive as of yet.

I ordered 20 OPKS and 20 10miu HPTS...

So about an hour ago I did my OPK - Still looking for my ovulation and thought what the hell - lets do a HPT for fun. OPKS take longer to develop so I left it maybe 30 mins and went to check on it and there's a pink line on the HPT. Very VERY visible and very pink. I dunno when it appeared though.

I'm not counting it as anything - I'm just confused. HCG was DEFINITELY out of my system 9 days ago. I'm on CD18 - Normally a 28-29 day cycle. I normally only ovulate around now.

Is is possible to ovulate literally as soon as you stop bleeding from a very early MC/Chemical? Could this happen? If we only had sex again from CD7 I can literally only be 9DPO max assumign I ovulated the day after.

What should I do? Just test again tomorrow and keep an eye in the time limit or just brust it off as nothing and carry on with OPKs? xx

test again in am and see if it is still positive and darker.
As you said it is possible if you are 9 dpo today.. you could have a positive. it shoudl be darker by tomorrow. especially with 10 miu.

I have had 3 chemicals almost in a row... I can now tell by the darkness of the lines if i am truly pregnant or not. they become darker but not dark enough. then ligher. i test like 2 times a day...

i know POAS aholic but it keeps my sanity.

Best of luck I will check in tomorrow to see how you make out... my everthings are crossed for you. : )

Could have been an evap. I would test again and set your timer, and dont read it after 10 minutes. GL!! I hope this is it for you!!!

An evap wouldn't have been pink and those cheapy tests very rarely get evap lines. It sounds like a BFP to me.

Did you test again?

It could be possible to ovulate that early, that's how accidents happen when using things like the calendar method and women get pregnant having sex during their period! It's not common but can certainly happen - I would definitely try another HPT tomorrow with FMU and check it during the time limit. I would normally say it could be HCG from your chemical but as you got a BFN days ago it doesn't seem likely, so definitely test again! Good luck! x

Oh and did the OPK and HPT touch? Sometimes the dye can bleed across and cause a false positive x

I dunno if they did touch but the test this morning was a BFN HPT and a darker OPK. I feel glad actually, a BFP this early on would make me feel I can't trust it. I'm not sure if I've ovulated and missed it (first month ever with OPKs lol) or if I'm yet to ovulate but I;m happy to just keep shagging like the dirty pidgeons xxx

Excuse the HPT - That's an evap I'm sure (just had nowhere to put it as I CBA to get up & I don't want pee on my sofa). Is that a positive OPK? If so when is 1DPO? xx

Attachments

• IMG_6310.jpg
    IMG_6310.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 21
That's not a positive OPK, the line has to be as dark as, or darker than the control line. Sorry hun.

Yup not positive yet, keep testing! x

Kitty, when you get an OPK with 2 lines that look the same post a pic and we'll tell you if it looks positive or close to positive.

They look pretty much the same IRL. I have an EXCELLENT DSLR camera... but is is SHIT with lines lol xxx

Even in the photo the 2nd line should be as dark as the control line. You could always use Digi opks if you wanted to be sure but it doesn't look positive to me.

OK - So this one IS positive lol.

I could use some advice:
When do I start counting ovulation from? Today? Tomorrow? As you'll see I'm CD 20 today and normally a 28/29 day cycle so when do I expect my period or class it as late? Ugh all confused. Normally 28 days is clock work but I assume the early MC that started this cycle has thrown my cycle off? Is that normal?

I'm so glad I decided to use OPKs this month as otherwise I'd be starting to test in 7 days and be thinking my period was actually late when it actually isn't according to ov xxx

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 13
I'm not sure what day you count as O day but I believe you ovulate 12 to 36 hours after a positive OPK (and that is very positive lol) I'd say call it Sunday just to be on the safe side so you're not thinking you're 10DPO when you're actually 8, far better to think you're 10 and actually being 12DPO when you're testing.

M/c definitely has a weird effect on your cycle and everyone's different - some have shorter cycles, some longer. It'll settle down in a cycle or two though.

Yeah it's normal for your first cycle to be off - my ovulation was delayed for about a week. I normally take the day after the positive as O day. Make sure to BD at least the next 2 days! x

Kitty- I am right on key to you.
Friday was CD20 for me and + OPK.

I always count +opk to be day 0 and I can have a + hpt by 10DPO - faint line.

So today I am saying i am dpo2 today-- still + opk's but not as brilliant.
no symptoms all ovulation symps are gone. yeah.. left side pain this month was awful!!!

I will be testing on Aug 15 and hope for something then... but in all honestly i will probably try earlier bc i also had a surge in LH on cd 13... not a brilliant positive though like I thought it was.

I am a poas aholic though bc I have had 3 chemicals in a row and when I get even the faintest of line my doc wants bloods and followup bloods to see what is happening.
Who am i kidding I was a poas aholic before this.. : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->