wtt after a mc

SweetPeaM

Reaction score
I had my first miscarriage late last week and stopped bleeding today. My doc told me to wait til I get 2 cycles to start trying again. Does anyone know why? What would happen if I don't? I feel like it would be better emotionally for me to start trying sooner rather than later. Any advice?

first im so sorry for your loss xx maybe its so your hormones can return to normal and your body to recover maybe check the net or im sure one of the other girls will no better than me xxxx

Hiya hun, can't give you any advice I'm afraid, but just wanted to say welcome to wtt xxx

Hi there, i just spotted your thread and wanted to say how sorry i am to hear about your loss :hugs:

I had an early miscarriage in february before falling pregnant this time, and was advised to wait one cycle before TTC again, however i was also given a miscarriage association leaflet at the hospital and when i got it home it said that if you have a complete early miscarriage (i.e. no need for a d&c or ERPC) then there is no extra risk attached to getting pregnant again right away, and the only reason it is advised is so that health care professionals can better date the pregnancy (as if you TTC right after a MC with no AF then there will be no LMP to calculate your EDD from).

Initially OH and i decided to wait one cycle just to be sure but it didn't feel right to us and life obviously had other plans, as i ovulated a fortnight after the MC and conceived that night :cloud9: Exactly a month on from the MC we got our BFP.

I know it doesn't always work out that way and for some people waiting is better emotionally as it gives you time to grieve and move on, and i have to say that i was a nervous wreck during 1st trimester as a result of the previous MC, it was a scary time for us. Also i know some people's cycles are knocked off by the MC and it can be upsetting if it takes a while before getting your next BFP. But if you had a natural complete MC and feel ready to give it another try then there is really no medical reason to wait.

Good luck to you! :hugs:

Hello! I just wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss. If you do stay here, then welcome, make yourself comfy for your wait, we'll all try our best to make you feel welcome. But it might be worth taking a look in the miscarriage support section and asking the girls there as they may know why they want you to wait xx

Hi hun. So sorry for your loss.

I think i would take your docs advice. Just think if you did try straight away and something happened. You would blame yourself.

2 Cycles is not a long time hun, I am her for 3 months so i will look forward in getting to know you xx

hi sweetpeaM, i had a mc in june, and dr also told me to wait, have waited 2 cycles and all is back to normal now, so ttc later this month. its such a tough thing to go through i hope you are ok.
take care hunni.

Hi hun, i also had a mc in may. wanted to try again asap but was told the same. its just to make sure your body gets back to 'normal' and also so you can know when your periods are in the month so they can work out a date for you if you do fall preg. I have only had 1 normal period since may and im nearly 4 months on! Didnt have a period at all after my mc for 2 months! It takes the body a long time to recover hun.
I have since been offered a new job so wont be starting to try till spring now.
I know all u wanna do after a mc is get oregnant again, but give it time for your body to recover. Are you having a scan at all after the mc?? I had one and they found i have a cyst on my ovary so got to have another next month to see if it has gone. Its nothing that will affect conception luckily though.
Hope your ok hun and dealing with it all alright. Keep your friends with you - their the best!

I had a M/C in March 07 and waited over a year before ttc i just wasnt ready and it took a few months for me to recover emotionally and physically, you need to take care of yourself for a little while. I was also advised to wait for 2 cycles but i wasnt sure of the reason, perhaps just for your body to heal and for hormones to settle down. Good luck and I am sure your wait here wont be too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->