WTT but buying baby stuff?

Jessica.xo

Reaction score
So me & my husband have decided we're WTT but he has said that while we are waiting we could buy some baby stuff, like the big expense items if they are a good deal or on sale.
Haha ah.. is anybody else who is WTT, buying any baby stuff? :shrug:

nope nt me.. i cuddnt ever think of buying anything. only because there is the chance ill never get 2 use them..

i dunno i no of people who have everything ready for a baby, but i see it as bad luck. id only buy after 16 weeks n i no eveything is fine.

I know I'm buying a few things but I'm trying. If you know you will have a baby one day, regardless if you have your own or adopt(like me), I see no problem in it.:hugs:

nope but i'd be a little bit afraid of tempting fate so I personally wouldn't buy anything until at least after the 12wk scan.

its up to you hun... but (as a lot of girls on here already know) sometimes it can take longer than expected to conceive so it could be pretty upsetting for you if you have lots of baby related stuff lying around at home & you don't get pregnant straight away.

I don't wanna put a downer on your enthusiasm hun - Im trying to spare your feelings coz its very hard not to get obsessed with TTC & seeing negative tests month after month is upsetting enough without having the constant reminder of seeing a pram/cot all the time :hugs: xx

nope but i'd be a little bit afraid of tempting fate so I personally wouldn't buy anything until at least after the 12wk scan.

its up to you hun... but (as a lot of girls on here already know) sometimes it can take longer than expected to conceive so it could be pretty upsetting for you if you have lots of baby related stuff lying around at home & you don't get pregnant straight away.

I don't wanna put a downer on your enthusiasm hun - Im trying to spare your feelings coz its very hard not to get obsessed with TTC & seeing negative tests month after month is upsetting enough without having the constant reminder of seeing a pram/cot all the time :hugs: xx

taking what nicky said and part of what i said... i thought id get preg easily n it wud be a breaze.. i have 2 wait a few years for a special treatment, and even then i might never get my baby.. thats the reason i wnt buy coz i cuddnt stand having 2 sell it all on if our dream never came true..

but dnt let it dampen u down.. thats just me :)

nope nt me.. i cuddnt ever think of buying anything. only because there is the chance ill never get 2 use them..

i dunno i no of people who have everything ready for a baby, but i see it as bad luck. id only buy after 16 weeks n i no eveything is fine.

:hug: we are speaking from bitter experience tracie hun.
TBH I will personally wait until after my 20wk scan with my next pregnancy coz I know from experience that everything can still go wrong after the '12wks' that we get told

xx

we have talked about if we can't get pregnant, then we would adopt. So the baby stuff would be used one day! :) but it would be depressing if we couldn't get prengant & all this baby stuff was lying around. But it may just keep us trying & give us more hope to be able to put all the baby stuff to use. :)

i say 16 nicky coz i have 2 have an amnio at 16 weeks... lol

wow 20 weeks? lol i don't know if i could wait that long once i'm pregnant to buy stuff. i'm be way too excited :)

Maybe it would be better to open a bank account & just keep putting money away to buy things for baby once you are pregnant?

it's up to you what you do hun, we are just trying to save you from un necessary heartache :hugs:

You'll prob be one of the lucky ones that get pregnant in your 1st cycle of trying but this doesnt happen very often unfortunately

maybe you could buy a few little bits & pieces like sleepsuits & things? coz that would still be exciting for you but not as 'in your face' as something large which you'd have to look at every day?

xx

Im saying 20wks coz I recently lost my little girl at 19wks xx

Yeah those would all be good ideas. :) thanks!
i hope i can have my own kids. :) what a wonderful thing.

starting a baby fund it great in out bank we have a special folder where so much comes outta the pay cheque everymonth towards baby.. by time we get there we should have a fair bit...
its a great idea and worth it..

I put $50 every paycheck into stock at work, it's automatically taken out of my check. I take it out every few months, but when I get PG I'm going to leave it in there until the baby's and use it as a cushion and to buy things I don't get at a shower because my maternity pay won't be as much as my regular pay.

I know everyone already basically said this but I am like you and wanted to buy big things early so I actually got everything big besides the actual crib and I was one of the lucky ones to get pregnant within two months of trying. I am a huge planner for everything and I thought I had it made. I had set all the baby stuff up getting ready and at nine weeks after going to the hospital and losing the baby, I had to come home to a roomful of baby stuff and had to quickly hide it all so I wouldn't have to look at it anymore. :cry: I can most definately sympathize with you being so excited to buy things but now that I have actually experienced the bad luck I would most definately advise against it. The other girls have the best idea of just setting up a fund for it all. I wish I had done that from the start. Good luck hunny!

I can't put my mind around how i would get through the loss of a baby! i'm sorry to hear about your loss. I wish you all the best on your next! :)

After my mc I bought a few things, except they were smaller things like wipes and nursing pads. They were on sale. I had to buy them!

Okay I lied I bought a big thing,too. I bought a baby wrap.

I'd really like to get some clothes, seen some lovely ones, but I wouldn't buy anything big. Mainly because we're still living with my mum and she might suspect something... I'm going to be putting money away when I get a job, in a savings account, so I can go out and celebrate my pregnancy with a shopping spree! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->