WTT due to education/career?

toffee87

Reaction score
Hello, I thought it'd be a good idea for those having to wttc for education/career stuff.

I'm hoping to do teacher training September 2009, if I get a place. It's really competative for my course! It's only a years course and then it's however long after that, that we both feel ready. My bf will take longer (as most men do). Obviously there's money etc to take into consideration. Would need to work as a teacher for atleast 2 years before we even think about ttc.

Are you waiting due to education, if so, what are you doing? How long are you going have to wait?

Broody21
xxxx

Well, it all depends on the next couple of weeks. I'm currently an xmas temp at a mobile phone. I'm really loving it so trying to stay on full time permanently. If not, I will be going to college and to uni after that so it really depends. If I stay where I am then once we get married we will start TTC but not sure when that will be. I just want a quick, simple registry office wedding whereas OH wants a big wedding in a church which will obviously take longer to save up for.

good luck on the teacher training, my cousin is a teacher and its really nice to see how much she loves her job! Hope everything goes well with that

xxxx

good luck with the course application! i just managed to get on a very competitive training course (after trying 3 times!) but mine is 3 years, we decided to wait until i was on the course and start ttc in the middle of it as 3 years is too long to wait because of our ages. if i was 10 years younger though i'd probably wait until it was finished first as it will be hard studying / working with a baby i'm sure!

Ooh good luck getting into your teacher training course! :D

I am doing an OU course in health and social care at the moment, which ends in October. We will be trying for a baby (hopefully a November baby!) and then if all that goes to plan, I will be starting uni in Sept 2010 on a midwifery course! :happydance:

But we are getting the OU course out of the way first, so that after we have our family I can go straight into my degree course! :)

Our biggest reason is my schooling. I'm currently in my 3rd year of my degree... so I have another year to go. I'm studying English so ideally I'd like to complete my degree, have one baby, then return to school to become a certified teacher :D

im another one trying to get through education, so having to wait. Im in the 3rd year of my degree, should be finished by May (if i don't mess it up in the meantime!)

Just want to hurry up and finish now. its got very tedious!

Hello i just thought i would stop by and say hi

I think its fab you want to achieve your dream hun, i am a teacher and this is my second year of teaching and i am loving every minutes of it. (If you ever want advise on applications and that please pm i would be happy to help). Apart from loving the job the pay is great and i save as much as possible for a house/baby! hehe

:hug:
xx

I am exactly the same, although I have a further year and a half to go, so wont be trying in the near future. ( :( )I definately think its a good idea to keep up your education though, because you'll have a better chance of going back to work post maternity leave. Tis hard looking at all the babies that are around right now - there are millions! unless its just my baby goggles i seem to have on. lol!

x x x

looks like i'll be with you for the next 2 years (atleast) Broody21! lol

Hey girlies, I know what its like to wait while your doing education. I'm in my third year university wanting to become a teacher just cause I want to help under privelaged children. Since i'm just transferring into education this year i'll graduate in April 2011, which seems so far away! but logically I know that it is was is best for the baby!! Plus with everything seeming so exspensive I want to know that I can not have to competely rely on my OH for everything, sorry,no offence to any stay at home moms!

Thanks for the replies :)

It makes me feel so much better that I'm not alone :)

Thanks Pinkgirl :) Where did you do training at? Secondary/Primary? What subject? Sorry for the questions hehe. I applied to:

Norwich, got an interview but was unsuccessful.

York was my next one, but they only had 13 places and I didn't want to get rejected again as it's Number 9 in top ten UK Uni's. I withdrew the application, they weren't informed, and still sent me an interview date. Now, I couldn't go as it wasn't 'official' but atleast they were going to interview me :D Was a huge confidence boost.

My next choice was UWE-Bristol. They are far behind York in the league tables yet didn't even interview me. Weird!

And so my next one is Bath Spa, where I did my undergraduate degree. I'm really hoping to get on there! Argh! Applying to do history is so competative!

Sorry for the long reply hehehe x

I'm doing graduate school part-time. I have one more class (fall 2009) and I'll start working on my thesis this summer...to be defended in spring 2010. But I'm rather tired of waiting for school to be completely over, so I'm going try and do both. Hopefully we'll get pregnant this summer...I'll go to class preggers this fall...then, depending on the due date, I'll defend my thesis (i.e. finish my degree) and then give birth or give birth and then defend my thesis. I'm prepared to push my thesis defense to summer 2010 if need be.

I'm quite confused about what I want to do. On one hand I want to go back to uni and do my midwifery training (have done two years already but will need to start over) but that would mean not ttc until 2014(!!!), sticking it out at the job I have and hate until 2010 and then be a mummy, or get a new job but in the current climate there isnt much option? I really dont know. I'm not hugely career driven and know I would be happy not having a high powered career. Its a toughie!!

i'm doing my masters in clinical psychology... basically i've completed all classes and internship,
i just have to finish writing my thesis.
bc i only had that to do, i decided to go work full time as well and TTC...
which was a bad idea, working full time (weird hours + weekend) + household...
it's making me a very very tired girl at the end of the day and there's not much time
left for thesis writing... i kinda underestimated...

so after this month i'm gonna put my job on hold for a few months, finish degree
and see what happens.... i'm no longer waiting for stuff to happen before we can
have kids...
somebody once told me that if you wait (as in "wait 'till i have a job" "wait 'till we bought a house"...)
you'll keep waiting forever, to just go for it, bc no matter what happens, you'll figure it out if it's for your kid....

I am waiting until I've done with college in 2010 and then a yr or two to get money and moving out my mums off the ground etc. Not quite spectacular courses compared to some lol! xxx

I'm in my first year at uni studying Zoology, so will finish my undergraduate degree in 2011 and then I will have to decide if I want to go straight into a job or do a masters degree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->