WTT due to money...

toffee87

Reaction score
And I don't mean too much of it hehe.

It's so bloody frustrating, knowing that ultimately the reason we're waiting is down to needing better paid jobs. We want to buy a house, we're very lucky that my Grandma wants to invest-acting as the deposit, but we need to be able to afford the monthly payments. Currently we wouldn't be able to, as our cars take a huge chunk of our money!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I feel that I'll never move up on the career ladder, but we need to be making atleast an extra £5,000 a year between us to have *some* disposable money!

*sigh*

Anyone else in a similar position? xxx

I'm in a similar position, although I already have the house and we both have good jobs. My OH wants to set up business on his own, we're getting married in 2012 and then we'd like to save up for a bigger place before the babies come along.

If I didn't need money I'd be married with kids by now I bet. If only...

How come your cars are costing such a lot? Did you borrow the money to buy them?

How strict are you with your budgeting? I bet you can find savings somewhere if you keep a close eye on your outgoings.

Hi hun,

Money is a nightmare!! We are trying to save for the rest of our house (and a wedding too), we got a mortgage for 55% of it and are hoping to take the rest on near Christmas, not sure if we can or not at this point. We are trying to save money where we can eg weekly shopping bill. We compare EVERYTHING we buy! car insurance, electricity etc to make sure we are getting the best deals. We even did a car boot sale last weekend, made £50!

I am trying to save up a little each month for when we do conceive to help out with maternity pay. It`s not a lot, but every Little helps right!

Good luck hun x

Exactly the same as you hun, we have no house…and need another £20,000pa to be able to afford a mortgage and we don’t have anyone giving us the deposit…depressing ain’t it!

xx

Our cars are lease (not rented) so we have £280 a month for TWO brand new cars for three years, at the end we either extend the contract at a lower rate, give back or get a new one. The first was on scrappage and at the time we only needed one car. Since then, OH has a new job and needs a car. We could have got one on a credit card, but it'd be a second hand and would have come to the same amount over that period anyway. I checked out dealers offers on second hand cars and they often came to more, for a longer period along with larger tax etc. We need reliable cars (I'm driving alot each day, OH has a 90 mile round commute). Then there's insurance which is £70 as of next month (has been 100). Then there's petrol. I spend between 60-100 a month and then he spends about 160 a month. It all amounts to around £600.

However, we don't do MOT's and the lease company pay the tax which is only £35 each per year. We've had bad experiences with older cars (regardless of their service history) and don't like paying more for the MOT than what the car's worth. The cars are also covered under warranty for the duration.

We may not do leasing in 3 years time, but either way we need some disposable money for emergencies or clothes etc.

We are watching our money very carefully, but if we were to buy a house now, we'd have £50 left each month (and that's assuming i work the same hours every week).

*sigh*

That £50 would easily go too. It's not just as simple as paying the mortgage every month, especially if the interest rates go up! There's nearly always something to do in a house at some point, or you'll have to be saving up for something at any rate!

Have you got any property auctions in your local area?

The OH and I are in the same situation. We have so much money outgoing that we don't have anything left over at the end of the month. So we have to wait until we start having money left at the end of the month in order to start TTC. It's so frustrating! What makes it worse is jobs are super hard to come by here and I can't seem to find one that pays decently so that makes it even worse.

Yeah, I know. We need more money hehe, we're searching though :) something will come up :)

Think positive and be pro-active :)

I'm researching all sorts of careers advice. I was lucky enough to be able to do a thorough psychometic test, which analyzes your skills and strengths (against yourself, not others). And it's help me figure out what factors I want in a job, but it's just bloody hard to find them and get them (even interviews).

Oh that's pretty cool! My problem with finding a job is I need something relaxed and my resume sucks :(

OH and I are in the same boat as you ladies. I hate it. We both work for minimum wage, live with my parents, saving up for an apartment and just took on a new car note (since my other one bit the dust). We work the same hours at the same job, but OH is in the application process for a new job which would double his pay and hours. Fingers crossed on that. We have enough to pay the bills and put a little toward savings but until we get moved out we wont really know where we are on how much we can save for little bean.

Super frustrated.

We're the same. WTT for #2 just because of money. I NEED a better job, but cant even get to interview stage to show them just how AMAZING I am :rofl:

Whats so annoying is if I hadnt gone to uni and got in all this debt Id probably be in a better position, I thought it was meant to be the other way round!

We're the same. WTT for #2 just because of money. I NEED a better job, but cant even get to interview stage to show them just how AMAZING I am :rofl:

Whats so annoying is if I hadnt gone to uni and got in all this debt Id probably be in a better position, I thought it was meant to be the other way round!

I totally know where you're coming from! I went to uni too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->