WTT for #4?

Foreign Chick

I'm Silvia Mom to 3 Girls
Reaction score
Hello everyone :)

I have 2 daughters from a previous relationship.
When DH and I got together I agreed to try for one last child

"(naturally I was hoping for a son to complete my family. We failed the Shettles method on how concieve a BOY. We knew that chances of having another girl were still 50/50, but we were fine with that, we just wanted to have a shared CHILD! We were very blessed, and concieved in the 3rd cycle! I just knew it was a boy... everything about my pregnancy was different than the previous 2. I had morning sickness, Only my belly&boobies got bigger, ALL the OWT said boy, Baking soda, red cabbage, even wasted money on Intelligender also boy.... I just felt it, it was a boy this time. On Feb 18th, a day before DH's Birthday, I decided to go for the elective US, I was 17+6 that day. I thought an us pic of his son would be a great B-Day gift ;)
Well, that day I found out I would ice his birthday cupcakes PINK ....
You can imagine my hear breaking... I've cried several times ove it, not over the fact that it's a GIRL (My GIRLS ARE MY WORLD) but over the fact that it's NOT a BOY......Anyways, I got over it fairly guickly and enjoyed the rest of my LAST pregnancy! DH at that time suggested we could try again,(he brought it up several times in the next 20weeks ;) which at that point was a definite NO WAY, I would not want to feel disappointment of this sort again, it's not fair for that child I feel. I was just fine with my 3 girls)"

I know until now it seems all about Gender Disappointment (which I wish I had acces to the forum on this site) but it's really not....

"DD3 turned 3 months, two days ago, and I find myself thinking a lot about the bond my older 2 girls have with each other, that my youngest won't have.... I think about the weekends and summer breaks, where my older girls go to their dad and my youngest will be alone.... I'm an only child, who has been very lonely growing up, so I wouldn't wish it upon anyone ;) I simply feel the desire to give her that opportunity I never had. Am I crazy?
I just had a baby 3 months ago....
Are those still PP hormones?
Wish I could give it some more time, but I'm 34 already and the egg quality is not getting any better ;)
but, if we do decide to try again, I know this is gonna sound odd, but I would love ANOTHER GIRL for my little one, the sisterly love my older 2 have is priceless! However for the peace of mind I would try to sway blue, just so I KNOW I was suppose to have all girls :D
I'm afraid if I had a boy, I'd want to give him a brother lol Which 4 would defo be MY personal max :coffee:

I never thought I'd have a bigger family after my 2, but after meeting DH, I must honestly say that I love the path chosen for me <3

If you've made it this far thank you for reading :flower:

I'd appreciate some experienced "his/mine/ours" mom's input!
Or perhaps someone's thinking about TTC#4?

Hi :flower:

I'm WTT for #4. I have a 6 year old son, a 5 year old daughter, and another daughter who would be 3 in December. Unfortunately, my youngest passed away 2 1/2 years ago, so when I do have baby number 4, he or she will be my 3rd living child.

The OH I'm with now is not the father of my other children, and when we do eventually have kids, it will be his first. If I could I'd have ten more kids but I think OH would lose his mind :haha: Right now, we've only talked about ever having one, but I think a lot like you in that I want my future youngest to have a sibling close in age like my first two kids had and also someone that will be home with them while the older ones go to their dad's or paternal grandparents. It's just going to take a lot of convincing from me to get my OH on board with that. :haha:

I'm like you, I would want to give my younest a sibling closer in age. I wouldn't worry about it being a boy and him being the only boy though. I only have brothers and we get along great, we were super close growing up and being different genders didn't get in the way of us playing together.
Would you like me to give you access to the gender dissapointment section btw?

I'm WTT for #4. I have a 6 year old son, a 5 year old daughter, and another daughter who would be 3 in December. Unfortunately, my youngest passed away 2 1/2 years ago, so when I do have baby number 4, he or she will be my 3rd living child.

The OH I'm with now is not the father of my other children, and when we do eventually have kids, it will be his first. If I could I'd have ten more kids but I think OH would lose his mind :haha: Right now, we've only talked about ever having one, but I think a lot like you in that I want my future youngest to have a sibling close in age like my first two kids had and also someone that will be home with them while the older ones go to their dad's or paternal grandparents. It's just going to take a lot of convincing from me to get my OH on board with that. :haha:

Hi aidensxmomma, Thank you so much for taking your time and responding <3

No words in my vocabulary could possibly express how deeply sorry I am for your loss.... :hugs:

Hope your DH comes around quickly and perhaps brings the subject "baby" up on his own! Hope you don't have to wait too much longer!

Wishing you the best of luck and hopefully we meet in the TTC forum in the near future!
:flower:

I'm like you, I would want to give my younest a sibling closer in age. I wouldn't worry about it being a boy and him being the only boy though. I only have brothers and we get along great, we were super close growing up and being different genders didn't get in the way of us playing together.
Would you like me to give you access to the gender dissapointment section btw?

hello Eleanor ace!

Thank you very much for your response :flower:

Glad to hear you got along great with your brother as the only girl, that makes me feel even more open to the idea of having another baby. When I was pregnant with DD3 all my family were saying " you don't want a boy, this poor guy would suffocate in all the pink around your house." Kinda made me feel as if I shouldn't want an ONLY 1 boy.

I'd love acess to the GD forum, not so much to help me, but potentially helping others as I've had my fair share of it, and fortunately was able to shake it!

Thank you once again, have a lovely weekend :flow:

For a long time my brother was the only boy out of 4 children and we all adore him, we were best friends growing up (he's my closest sibling in age and the only one that I share both parents with). It's entirely possible that your youngest could have just as great a bond with a DS as she would another DD. If you feel like you have the means to support another child and feel like you could handle it emotionally then I say go for it, especially if you don't mind having another girl. I can understand gender disappointment and I'm not even trying for my second yet. I'm terrified that I'll be disappointed if my next child is another boy because I really want that mother daughter bond, but at the same time I feel silly for it as there is no guarantee that I will have any more boys at all and even if I did I love my DS more than anything in the world so surely I would love any more DSs I had, right? I'm very torn about it as for a long time I thought for sure that I wanted to try gender swaying this next time around since it may be my last baby but lately I've been coming around to the possibility of another boy. I didn't get to do the nursery theme I wanted last time, so it would be nice to be able to do that with another boy and I loved having a tiny :blue: bundle and still love having an active little boy. I may try loosely swaying by taking supplements and stopping BD when the OPK turns positive but not actually change my diet.

Hi aidensxmomma, Thank you so much for taking your time and responding <3

No words in my vocabulary could possibly express how deeply sorry I am for your loss.... :hugs:

Hope your DH comes around quickly and perhaps brings the subject "baby" up on his own! Hope you don't have to wait too much longer!

Wishing you the best of luck and hopefully we meet in the TTC forum in the near future!
:flower:

Thank you :hugs:

I'm hoping the OH comes around soon, too, but honestly I think it'll be another year until he's ready to start NTNP. I'm working on convincing him for sooner, though. :winkwink:

For a long time my brother was the only boy out of 4 children and we all adore him, we were best friends growing up (he's my closest sibling in age and the only one that I share both parents with). It's entirely possible that your youngest could have just as great a bond with a DS as she would another DD. If you feel like you have the means to support another child and feel like you could handle it emotionally then I say go for it, especially if you don't mind having another girl. I can understand gender disappointment and I'm not even trying for my second yet. I'm terrified that I'll be disappointed if my next child is another boy because I really want that mother daughter bond, but at the same time I feel silly for it as there is no guarantee that I will have any more boys at all and even if I did I love my DS more than anything in the world so surely I would love any more DSs I had, right? I'm very torn about it as for a long time I thought for sure that I wanted to try gender swaying this next time around since it may be my last baby but lately I've been coming around to the possibility of another boy. I didn't get to do the nursery theme I wanted last time, so it would be nice to be able to do that with another boy and I loved having a tiny :blue: bundle and still love having an active little boy. I may try loosely swaying by taking supplements and stopping BD when the OPK turns positive but not actually change my diet.

Thank you so much for sharing your story! Always heart warming to read about great bonds between brothers and sisters <3
I appreciate your input and I'd certainly be fine with another little lady ;)

As to your potential "mild sway" in the future, I can tell you, that after researching the whole idea (especially after our failed "Shettles" attempt), I am convinced, that the diet is a bigger factor than the timing! Now that I know about the dieting part, it's pretty obvious to me why I have all girls!
Like most, I always thought it's the male who is responsible for the gender, since he provides the "seed", however he provides Y an X at the same time, so there is no doubt in my mind that it has to be the vaginal enviroment that attracts or rejects either X or Y! I'm certain that PH plays the biggest role in conception of either! With that said, if you seriously hoping on concieving a girl, I strongly suggest you concider diet! Even then the chances are still 50/50 but I think your odds would favor the desired gender! I do understand however that it's too much for some, and I know you'd love a DS2 just as much!
Good luck to you either way! :flower:

I think that the kind of timing that matters depends entirely upon the woman. I'm positive that I conceived my DS either the day of or the day before O, so I believe that Shettle's timing would work for me for a girl, but it doesn't work for all women. I'm starting to believe more in the moon phase theory now too since I used a moon angle calculator to determine gender for a few people that had babies (including when my DS was conceived and when my mother said that I was conceived) and every one of them came out correct. Fortunately when we plan to start trying most of my cycles will put ovulation under a girl sign. I'll test my pH and DF's a few months in advance to see if we will need to be more strict with the diet or if just supplements will be fine. I do think that pH is a big factor, but it needs to be paired with whatever timing you think works for you and whatever ions you need around you as well. Negative ions sway girl and positive ions sway boy, which is why the moon phase is important. If your cycles fall into the wrong moon phase then you can keep some items near you that give off whatever ions you need for your sway. Realistically I will probably end up starting a crazy sway when it gets closer, but right now I wouldn't be bothered by the idea of another boy.

I agree with the timing factor, don't get me wrong, however it did not work in out favor with DD,3 we DTD on the day of O and only then. I guess I must be one of those women who it's not working for :dohh: lol

As far as the moon phase goes I feel there is some truth to it as well. After concieving DD3 (10/30/2013) I checked the moon phase for that day, and it was in favor of a girl! So true in my case ;)

But you know as silly as it may seem, before DD1 came along I was also a strong believer in the chinese gender predictor... I have looked it up for everyone I knew that was pregnant and also for existing children (of friends and family) and it has been correct 100% until I found out DD1 was a girl, cause it said boy for me lol

In the end, I believe, it's up to the man above, and what's meant to be will be. I've always believed, that everything happens for a reason ;)
I'm just truly grateful to have been able to concieve naturally and very blessed with healthy and happy pregnancies & babies, regardless of what's between their legs <3

I definitely agree with you there! I've never put stock into the Chinese Gender Prediction Calander because it was wrong for me, haha. It was right if I used my solar age, but wrong if I used my lunar age and lunar is what you are supposed to go by since the Chinese use the lunar calander and do age differently than we westerners do. The moon angle calculator has never been wrong though and there is actual science to back it up. I feel like next October is the month that we're going to conceive and it's supposed to be a girl month for me so you never know! The way I see it is that if I'm meant to have a DD then I will have one and if I have another DS then at least he will be close in age to Liam. I win either way as long as I have another naturally conceived and healthy baby. <3

We are WTT #4! :hi: :haha: Nice to see another mommy who is going for a bigger family. I wasn't totally sure that we would want 4, but the more I think about it, the more I feel good about the idea.

We have to wait a bit because my hubby just finished his degree, and while he does have a job, and we're comfortable where we are right now, he is on the hunt for a more permanent, skill-applicable career. We're confident he'll find something soon. But in the meantime, we need a new car, and we want to buy a house. So 3 it will be for a while!

Hello! :flower: As PP said, it's nice to see people out there looking to have larger families :hugs:

We are WTT for #3. We currently have 2 DD (Almost 6 and 15 months). I always thought I'd only want 2 children but now I'm really loving the idea of a bigger family, but at the same time the thought of having 3 really scares me...I always knew I'd want at least 2 but the decision to have 3 seems a lot harder. I'd also like to try for another and possibly have a boy as I know DH would love a son :cloud9:

For the mommies who have 3, did you find the transition from 2-3 to be really difficult (as this is what I've heard)?

(I also just want to say it is so nice to have other women who are in the same boat to talk to!)

We are WTT #4! :hi: :haha: Nice to see another mommy who is going for a bigger family. I wasn't totally sure that we would want 4, but the more I think about it, the more I feel good about the idea.

We have to wait a bit because my hubby just finished his degree, and while he does have a job, and we're comfortable where we are right now, he is on the hunt for a more permanent, skill-applicable career. We're confident he'll find something soon. But in the meantime, we need a new car, and we want to buy a house. So 3 it will be for a while!

Hello Ottergirl! How are are your 3 children? Any ideas when you might start TTC?

Hello! :flower: As PP said, it's nice to see people out there looking to have larger families :hugs:

We are WTT for #3. We currently have 2 DD (Almost 6 and 15 months). I always thought I'd only want 2 children but now I'm really loving the idea of a bigger family, but at the same time the thought of having 3 really scares me...I always knew I'd want at least 2 but the decision to have 3 seems a lot harder. I'd also like to try for another and possibly have a boy as I know DH would love a son :cloud9:

For the mommies who have 3, did you find the transition from 2-3 to be really difficult (as this is what I've heard)?

(I also just want to say it is so nice to have other women who are in the same boat to talk to!)

I didn't find it very hard to transition from 2 to 3. I think it was a lot harder to go from 1 to 2. Since I already was used to splitting my time between two children and running a house, it wasn't that hard to add a third to the mix. Plus, my other kids were more independent by the time I had my third (they were 2 and 3) which made it a lot easier than when I went from 1 to 2 (since there was only a 16 month difference.) When I had Seraphina, it was hardly a transition at all...it felt like she had been there the whole time :)

Those babies are a little addicting aren't they? :haha:

In answer to your question, I personally did have a little bit harder time adjusting to 3 instead of 2. But I had a lot going on at the time. I was a full time student, potty training my son, and they are all very close in age. Lots of diapers, and crying, and hectic stuff. It's hardest when all three are totally reliant on you and can't like...put on their own socks without help. You know?

I'm sure its different for everyone, but I will say this--I love having 3! It's so fun. Crazy sometimes? Sure. But its a fulfilling chaos. It's a chaos full of laughter and joy. That's why I'm so down with having 4! I know that the love only grows.

Unfortunately our salary doesn't :laugh2:

Hello Ottergirl! How are are your 3 children? Any ideas when you might start TTC?

I should probably whip up a siggy or something. Lilianna is 5, Rowan is 4, and Rosalie just turned 2. They are very close in age! But Rosalie is starting to get a teensie bit more independent, so that's when I started to think about number 4.

I think we'll probably start to TTC sometime next year. It depends on when DH can get a better job, and what our finances look like. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->