WTT for third baby after a gap

Moolia

Bfp 26/1/11 :)
Reaction score
Hey, is anyone else wanting to try for another baby after having quite a gap. My two are 8 and almost 6 and there's 2 years 5 months between them.
My husband is not on board for a third yet so when I say WTT, what I really mean is that I'm waiting until he agrees!
I just would like anyone in a similar position to chat to. It's a scary thought to go back to the baby and toddler stage when we are so clear of it now but I just want another child to add to our family so badly. Anyone else want another one but have similar reservations about going through the hell of sleep deprivation etc again? Plus, who will babysit 3 kids?! I know all this but it's not putting me off at all. I hope that hubby will come round to my way of thinking, but for now, you mummas are the only people I can talk to. Please reply!

I hun I was in this exact situation! Except I had my older two with my ex partner, Layla who's 8 next week and George who is 5, so similar ages. I've been with my new partner for 3 years now and we decided to try for my 3re and his first back in 2017, I gave birth to Enzo in November 2019, and he is 11 weeks old. Tbh I found the transition really really easy, I was worried of the night feeds and yes the sleep deprivation at first was hard but enzo slept 4 hours stretches at night from birth, plus I was already in that routine of struggling to sleep from being pregnant, so waking wasnt too bad. The school runs were hard work at first I'm not going to lie! It was a constant rush, it was anyway with just two older ones but throwing a newborn into the mix was absolutely crazy in the mornings! It slowly got so much easier, enzo started sleeping through until 8am meaning I could get up at 6, get myself ready, get the kids up get them ready, then get enzo up at 8, for feed and bum change and ready by 8.30 to leave!

I previous had two good babies, however my 3rd is by far the hardest in terms of personality, hes quite a high maintenance baby, refuses to feed or sleep unless the situation is how HE likes it, otherwise he refuses, so I am stressed out more from that. Otherwise, things are hunky dory :haha: if you want to chat I'm here!

My boys are 9 and 4 so a fairly big gap and were wtt #3 I enjoy a big gap, no double diapers no double daycare and big helpers! It's harder as they get old because they never want to do exactly the same thing and the older one always thinks hes too big and cool to hang out with his brother but I just think that's part of growing up lol. No reservations about starting over again though I'm only giving it two more years before I'm at my firm "no starting over again" by then the boys will be 6 (almost 7) and 11 (almost 12)

Hi there! I am 8 months postpartum with baby #3. My older two kids are 11 (in February) and 9. The older two are from an ex and baby #3 is with my husband. I really thought I was done having more kids but DH was great with my kids and didn't have any kids of his own so I told him I would try to give him 1 baby. I am currently pregnant with #4 for me and #2 for him lol.

Anyways, long story short I was also afraid of starting over and not going to lie some days I wonder what I was thinking but she is so precious and such an amazing little girl that I know she was meant to be! I wouldn't change anything. Now that I am pregnant with #4 I am thinking WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! again lol. It will be tough work but so rewarding.

My older two are great with this baby and are very helpful. As for sleeping, I actually been able to get plenty of sleep as she is great sleeper! GOOD LUCK! Hope you get your number 3!

14, 13, 12 and a 6 week old. I know age gap...

I didn't choose the gap. Ovarian cancer did. It was #4 but like #1 with that big of a gap

Hey, is anyone else wanting to try for another baby after having quite a gap. My two are 8 and almost 6 and there's 2 years 5 months between them.
My husband is not on board for a third yet so when I say WTT, what I really mean is that I'm waiting until he agrees!
I just would like anyone in a similar position to chat to. It's a scary thought to go back to the baby and toddler stage when we are so clear of it now but I just want another child to add to our family so badly. Anyone else want another one but have similar reservations about going through the hell of sleep deprivation etc again? Plus, who will babysit 3 kids?! I know all this but it's not putting me off at all. I hope that hubby will come round to my way of thinking, but for now, you mummas are the only people I can talk to. Please reply!
I am! We always said no more after our two (DS is 7 and DD is nearly 5) but have both decided we would love another one! I'm quite looking forward to going back to the baby stage!

I’m in a similar situation, I have an 8yr old son and a 5yr old daughter, I’ve been WTT for around 2yr now with no real date ever set just like you whenever OH comes round to the idea. He’s agreed we can start trying this cycle but he’s done that in the past and changed his mind when it’s actually come to it so I’m not sure it’ll actually happen this time.

trying to balance 3 kids and work is my worry, when I had my eldest 2 I didn’t work so I’m not sure how I’ll manage that.

I’m in a similar situation, I have an 8yr old son and a 5yr old daughter, I’ve been WTT for around 2yr now with no real date ever set just like you whenever OH comes round to the idea. He’s agreed we can start trying this cycle but he’s done that in the past and changed his mind when it’s actually come to it so I’m not sure it’ll actually happen this time.

trying to balance 3 kids and work is my worry, when I had my eldest 2 I didn’t work so I’m not sure how I’ll manage that.

Hi hun, working will be fine as long as you have a child care routine put in place, I go back to work in June, even though I've dropped my hours to part time, they will accommodate my routine with the kids, as my mum finishes work at 2 every day and my partner gets 2 days off a week, so I'll try and get my hours done over the two days. It's not entirely impossible, but its definitely going to be strange coming home from work and having to run around after 3 kids lol

Not in the same shoes but I will keep my fingers crossed

Hi hun, working will be fine as long as you have a child care routine put in place, I go back to work in June, even though I've dropped my hours to part time, they will accommodate my routine with the kids, as my mum finishes work at 2 every day and my partner gets 2 days off a week, so I'll try and get my hours done over the two days. It's not entirely impossible, but its definitely going to be strange coming home from work and having to run around after 3 kids lol

I only work 28hrs at the moment but would probably drop to 21 so that I could just work 3 days and hopefully mil wouldnt mind helping out a little, my partners shifts work out so that he ends up with around 5 week days off a month so that will come in very handy, I’m just finding it very hard to come up with a plan for it and it’s the only thing keeping us on the fence about having a 3rd

This is me and my first post in nearly 5 years!!
I have 7 and 4 year old boys and very nearly decided that was it as my second was so demanding and still is to some extent; however I cannot shake the desire to go for a third and hsb is not saying no!
My clock is ticking as I am due to turn 40 in August so it really would have to be in the next year or bust for me.
I’m not worried about the age gap, infact I think it would be much easier than when my boys were younger; more the fact of my age and the comments that would undoubtedly follow from friends and family but it’s my life and I’m healthy so why not!

Just wish I was the right side of 40 but no way I’d have put myself through the stress when my second was any younger!

Hi everyone,

Just catching up with all of your replies. Nice to hear all of your different stories.
Unfortunately, I had the chat with my husband and he is a firm no He said the thought of another one is too stressful and he thinks that we would end up divorced (I think he's being a little dramatic)! So that's that. I just don't feel like the door is closed. I can't give up but I have no idea how to convince him and time is running away...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->