WWYD? Your thoughts appreciated....

gardenofedens

Mommy to Abigail&Aidan
Reaction score
I had to have an MMR vaccine (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) because my titers came back too low. Getting any of these diseases while pregnant can terminate the pregnancy or cause birth defects...CAN, not always, but CAN and my OH is a teacher so the dr thinks there's a higher risk of me being exposed to them. (My mom had chicken pox while pregnant with me and there were no adverse affects to herself or me except that I was born immune to it - fine by me!) So anyway, I was really going back and forth on whether or not to get a booster of the MMR vaccine since the vaccine itself can also cause birth defects but then we'd been trying for six cycles with no luck and the dr said I couldn't go any further with infertility testing/treatment unless I had the vaccine (grr) so I went ahead with it. I got the vaccine on CD3 to know for certain I wasn't pregnant and we have to prevent 100% for four weeks. Since OH and I don't like condoms and I don't want to risk the pullout method, we decided to abstain instead. So here's my question (sorry it's so long) - two doctors I've spoken to said you have to prevent for 12 weeks and two said four weeks. The Center for Disease Control says four weeks. So we're abstaining for four weeks for sure but then what would you do after that? Pullout for eight weeks? Abstain for eight more weeks? Ignore the other two doctors and NTNP after the four weeks? It's only been a few days abstaining and I'm already going crazy, not that we're not having fun in other ways, but still...it's killing me knowing we can't make/have a baby.

What would you do? If you had to get the vaccine, would you prevent for four weeks or twelve or?

I would research it a ton more but probably go with what the cdc says

I would go with the four weeks personally if that's what the CDC recommends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->