x

It's hard to say. Every pregnancy is different! I was induced with both pregnancies. Good luck!

I went into labour naturally with both of mine (after 2nd sweep with first baby at 41+1 and spontaneously on due date with second). My SIL had planned section with first and a successful induced VBAC with second, so try not to worry too much about the risks of induction after c-section. I'm sure the midwives will monitor you and advise you appropriately if induction is necessary.

I was thinking exactly the same as you and finally I woke up one morning 41 weeks and 3 days after Due date and my waters broke! Good luck, keep positive minded, trust your body, it knows what to do and when!

If you're really scared of being induced, bear in mind they can't force you to be induced, it's your choice. Lots of women balance the risks of going over 42 weeks vs the risks of induction. Babybrain getting in the way atm I'm afraid so I can't point you at websites about it, but asking on the Home and Natural Birthing subforum may be helpful. There are also natural things you can do to encourage labour, such as taking (and inserting vaginally) Evening Primrose Oil, having a bath with Clary Sage in the water, walking, and sex.

Every labour will start naturally - unless someone decides to tinker with it and induce labour first. No one is pregnant forever. So yes, your labour will start naturally, but you do have to trust that it will and trust your body. If you're stressed, then your stress hormones (cortisol and adrenaline) can hold off labour until the stress subsides - it's our natural fight or flight response protecting our babies. If you were in a war zone and under attack, your body can literally stop labour in its tracks to allow you to escape somewhere safe where labour can start up again and baby can be born safely. So if you're super stressed, it can delay things. So please don't stress about it! Relax. Enjoy the last days of pregnancy and know that yes, you can have a perfectly natural labour as long as you don't give into the pressure to be induced for no reason. Most babies are born after their due dates, many at 42 or 43 or even 44 weeks, though it's unlikely you'll have to wait that long. It will happen. We'd be a pretty useless species if we couldn't go into labour without help just like every other animal in the world. So have faith. It'll happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->