x

I'd have a talk with them & set the rules. Omar spends. Good time around my parents & my mum babysits some nights when we go out. She knows the rules & she follows them.

Has she really adopted a baby voice for her or was it just a bit of pretend play? There's nothing wrong with pretend play even if the play seems out of character. As for TV, I wouldn't worry about target audience. I watch kids movies sometimes. There's nothing wrong with watching something aimed at a younger age group.

Personally, I hate baby talk. I never even talked to LO (when she WAS a baby) in that baby voice lol. But it would depend on the role the G-parents played. If it was the occasional visit- I'd prob just leave well enough alone or chalk it up to play(?)- but if they were very involved (like my MIL is as she does care twice weekly)- then I'd probably just mention we don't do baby talk... but keep it light, and not placing blame, just matter of fact. I've had to do that a few times- and MIL was always very receptive and supportive. But I know some people are not- so my approach could change depending on the person I'm dealing with ;)

Has she really adopted a baby voice for her or was it just a bit of pretend play? There's nothing wrong with pretend play even if the play seems out of character. As for TV, I wouldn't worry about target audience. I watch kids movies sometimes. There's nothing wrong with watching something aimed at a younger age group.

this - a certain amount of baby regression is normal with a new baby and she may feel that she needs to be the big girl with you and her grandparents give her the opportunity to role play her feelings without it being a problem.

As for the tv my 6 year old still likes some c beebies (although pretends her brother does) tbh we started watching scooby doo recently and it was a 24 parter with a whole arc and I will admit it was me who made sure that I watched the end!

I would keep an eye on it but I would trust that she is capable of saying to them whether or not she likes it and when it stops and if she is for now happy and going along with it it is likely to be something she needs to do. Im sure she has a voice if she doesn't (both of mine certainly do)

DD and her friends play mum and babies (and cats!) a lot at school and act out being a baby as role play I think its an important part of growing up.

As a disclaimer I too hate baby talk!

We're not so into baby talk around here either, but my husband uses it a lot with Violet when she wants to role play as a baby.

You think this is bad.... I caught my mum putting a bib on DS to eat a yoghurt on Saturday!!! He's blooming 4! 😈

I guess one way to prevent without being rude is getting dd to tell them about her day or something she did or going to a certain place. "Have you told nanny about xxx that you saw.." it would be a bit difficult to reply back to her babyishly I would have thought..

to be honest it sounds like they were just playing if its a one off. And agree with pp that she may feel more open to showing her grandparents that side of her while being a "big girl" for you. Or it could just be plain and simple she found it fun.. and theres certainly no harm in that.

no harm in cbeebies either.. its not going to do her any harm watching programmes for children younger than her. My 5 year old loves cbeebies..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->