xLaura's Baby Jayden is here <3

xLaura

Reaction score
Thursday 21st February at 10.40pm I gave birth to my beautiful boy Jayden weighing 7lb 9 at 40+3 weeks.
Id been experiencing period type cramps for a couple weeks prior but didn’t get my hopes up as I always presumed id go over due. The week before by due date (18th feb) I started to have headaches which wouldn’t go no matter what I took, but they didn’t seem to be really bad so I just put it down to being fed up and tired all the time. Anyway my due date came and went, and other than period cramps id have no other signs of labour so I accepted my boy was going to be late. Wednesday 20th Feb I had my 40+2 check up with the midwife, she checked my BP and said it had increased and had got +2 protein in my urine, so she asked me how id been feeling, I mentioned the headaches and she sent me up to MAU to get checked out.
I rang my boyfriend who was working about an hour away to let him know, and he asked if I wanted him to come back, but I said I didn’t think there be much point and id let him know how id got on. Now being prepared saving change for car parks for ages I suddenly remembered I took all my change out my purse so had none for the car park, so I called mackies drive thru on the way and got myself a mcmuffin meal to get some change :p lol. By time I drove myself the hospital my boyfriend phoned and said that he was coming to me as he was an hour away and it would take him an hour to pack up and he didn’t want me being on myself, I thought he was wasting a day of pay but as he was already on his way back agreed. Anyway I was put on the monitor and bubs seemed fine, however my BP was still high and my pulse was 153 which they were concerned with. They decided that they were going to send me home and come back in the morning for induction. However they then found that when they had tested my urine I now had +3 protein and they said that because it changed in short time that they would have to keep me in overnight. I began to panic at this point as I hadn’t charged my mobile up and my battery was really low however my boyfriend managed to get to me before it died (so much for being prepared aye?) lol.
Next morning my boyfriend came to me at 9am to wait to be took down for the induction, I still couldn’t believe that it was all happening and I was finally going to meet my lil boy. They came for us about 11.30 and we got comfy in our room. Midwife checked me and said that I was already 2cm dilated (so them pains were doing something yaay) and that she was able to break my waters easily, that was at 12.30. I then had a clip inserted onto his head and attatched to a monitor, therefore I couldn’t move off the bed, which I found to be the hardest part during the labour. Before starting me on the drip however they wanted to do an ECG on me as my pulse was 135 still and wanted to make sure my heart was ok before starting. This took 3 hours for someone to actually come and do (the ECG took literally seconds to do so I was rather annoyed) anyway it came back saying I was tacecardic (sp?) which we knew anyway and about 3.30 the drip was started. However I had actually started to contract on my own from having my waters broken and was managing with the pain. My mum had arrived to join us at this point aswel. Since the drip was started the pain became to often and to painful for me so I tryed gas and air, which I HATED. It made me feel asif I was hammered and had no control over my body at all and made me feel sick, so I stopped using it. I then decided I wanted the epidural, the midwife came back with a leaflet about it and wanted me to read it. Me struggling with the pain and couldn’t even open my eyes I literally took it off her and goes ‘yeah sounds good to me ill have it’ she found this hilarious so gave it to my mum to read to me. Half hour later the annethtist (sp?) came in to give me the epi so I sat up on the bed leaning over, now trying to stay still knowing someone is putting a big needle in your back is so hard, also I was being sick at this point so hard trying not to move. 3 attempts by 2 diff annethetists they decided to call the consultant as they couldn’t do it, however just as he walked through the door he managed to insert it over an hour after first trying to attempt it. I was still able to feel everything going on and still found it painful however I could manage with the pain and became able to talk once again. Now they never checked me before having the epi and it was only about 45 mins later that my body was pushing, I first thought I needed a big poo but it became so regular I thought maybe not. Midwifes decided to check me I was a good 8cm maybe 9 so thought yaaay. My midwifes swapped over at 9.45 and passed on that I was 8cm however I was still pushing really hard, the new midwifes checked me and said they could see baby clearly and to keep doing what im doing. I overheard them saying wed start properly pushing at 11pm, I asked Carl what time it was and he said 10.15 and I said this babies coming out before that. I started to push really hard and they said he was nearly here. Some big pushes later and he was born at 10.40pm weighing 7lb 9. He opened his eyes as soon as he came and out was very responsive looking around and hes got massive eyes, everyone comments on how responsive he is for a newborn. We had to stay a few days in hospital to monitor my BP and finally allowed to come home Saturday night. Were both doing fine and he is absolutely gawjus.

Attachments

• jayden.jpg
    jayden.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 123
  • jayden1.jpg
    jayden1.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 123
  • jj.jpg
    jj.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 126
  • j.jpg
    j.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 122
Congratulations, he is adorable!

Congratulations on your gorgeous baby Jayden! Glad both you and baby are doing well. x

awwwww congratulations he is absolutely gorgeous, what a cutie x

Congrats!! He is so cute, I love the tigger outfit!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->