Xmas morning breakfast ideas?

comicwife

Proud mum of 4
Reaction score
Looking for some inspiration this year as we usually have bacon sandwiches and Champagne :blush: (hubby and me) kids have milk lol but usually find by the time dinner comes round about 3ish we are still quiet full from breakfast and also it's a pain cooking and prepping the sandwiches so looking for new ideas :flower: what do you guys all have? Xx

We always have croissants and a selection of jams and butter. It's so easy you just stick all the croissants on a baking tray in the oven for like five minutes and bobs your uncle.

Last year we had cinnamon rolls which everyone really enjoyed so going to do them again this year. I bought the ones in a cardboard tube (can't remember name of them) that you cut up and put in the oven to bake. They don't take long so they were baking whilst we were opening presents and fresh from the oven. Milkshake for the children and coffee for the adults

Hubby normally has smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Me and kids stick with usual breakfast and lots of chocolate! 😂

The last two years the kids have chosen beans and sausages on toast which has been nice and easy to prepare but not very special. At the minute they all love having runny eggs so I'm hoping that they will want that on Christmas Day this year

We have had quiet easy things before croissants, cinammon bread, smoked salmon and eggs. Basically anything that's not too filling or makes to much mess

We normally have bacon butties, biscuits and chocolate. Nothing too fancy, and not a whole lot as don't want to be too full for dinner.

https://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w441/clairirvine94/FB_IMG_1506894613916_zps47l6ak7g.jpg

I made this a couple of years ago... :rofl: It is pancakes with raisins then banana and strawberry candy canes. The kids loved it though, I'm planning another themed breakfast this year! I have cereal... :haha:

We usually do waffles/pancakes with homemade apple cider syrup..

I think cinnamon rolls or orange rolls sound delicious.

I will be heading to lidl this year to pick up some croissants and cinnamon buns etc for any morning visitors and we will have bacon rolls or bagels with cream cheese and salmon and champagne. Kids usually have cuppa tea with breakfast then shloer with christmas lunch xxx

Waffles with maple syrup and orange juice, its DD's favourite breakfast.

We used to do salmon and scramble eggs but the kids just wouldn't eat it. So last year we had cereal, crumpets etc. This year I'm thinking pancakes as they love DHs pancakes or salmon and bagels with cream cheese for me and DH.

Loving this thread, already stealing the part-baked cinnamon rolls idea to go with my croissants!

We have cinnamon rolls as well along with bacon and sausages. We make our own cinnamon rolls the night before and let them rise over night in the fridge. We put them in the oven when we come downstairs and open stockings and Santa gifts while they are baking :)

A bit of work but the kids love them!

I usually only offer 3 options - cereal, toast or starve. :haha:

But this got me thinking. I remember one Christmas I spent with my father (must have been 1991 because we spent 1990 Nana because Mum was in hospital) and him and his partner at the time did us croissants with cheese, ham and pineapple, fresh orange juice or milk and a heap of Kiwi Christmas fruits - cherries, strawberries, pears, kiwifruit, oranges. I might do that this year I think. :)

Also stealing cinnamon bun idea. Just thinking how nice the kitchen will smell on Christmas morning.
Last year we had selection box chocolates for breakfast :haha:

Coffee 😂 who has time for breakfast ?! It just gets in the way of the chocolate

We like bacon and scrambled egg croissant sandwiches, kids just have the croissants with their cereal though. Love the idea of cinnamon rolls though, yum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->