xx~Lor~xx's Birth Story :)

xx~Lor~xx

Young mummy of 3 <3
Reaction score
Had my little girl Robyn Summer on the 4th August, taken me a little while to get around to writing my birth story I know :blush:

So I was 11 days overdue with Robyn, and was booked in to be induced the following day. I was woken up at 8:30am with contractions, I couldn't sleep so I got up and tried to side track myself. Started timing them and they were about 10 minutes apart, but rapidly they got to like 7 minutes. I phoned my midwife and asked them what to do, was told to have a bath, take paracetomal and try to relax. Ran myself a bath and there I stayed for the next few hours. (After waking my OH and getting him to time my contractions! I just couldnt concentrate anymore!) Phoned my mum and let her know that things were happening and she reassured me.

So.. got to about 11ish, and my contractions were coming in every 2 minutes or so. Phoned my midwife again and she told us to make our way in as soon as we could. Got to the midwife centre and got taken through into the labour room where they checked my blood pressure, pulse, position of baby, and then how dilated I was. Turned out I was 4cm already! :happydance: but terrified!!!

The midwife filled the birthing pool up for me, and I got straight in. (Sooo glad as I thought I was going to have to be induced and not get the pool!) I was in there going through m contractions for hours, though it really didn't feel like it. Was just my other half and one midwife in the room with me, and they were complete angels! I honestly couldn't have done it without them! I stayed in the pool, chatting in between my contractions and attempting to swallow sweets that my OH was shoving in my mouth before another contraction hit...Oh yeah by this point I'd accepted the gas and air, it wasn't doing a whole lot, but it as a godsend for helping to keep my mind focused on breathing instead of feeling the pain. I was going through one contraction when the tank ran out, I was screaming and my poor OH was running around the midwife centre trying to find another tank..then around 2:45pm-ish part of the sack with my waters in came out intact (LOVELY!) It was extremely weird.. I could see it between my legs, and feel it.. TMI I know!! :D

So yes.. after a few more contractions passed my pushing managed to burst the sack at around 3:10pm, only to find that my little madam had done a big poo inside me :thumbup: lol. At this point my midwife told me I'd need to get out of the pool to deliver her, at which point I cried my eyes out and said I didn't want to :blush: But I did.. after all the pool wasn't very hygenic now lol

The last 20 mins or so I spent on all fours on the bed, squeezing the life out of my OH's hand, and using the gas and air. Then my little girl started making an appearance :) (ouch!) I was terrified of having stitches so I did exactly as I was told by the midwife, pushing and holding it when she said. And a few contractions later, out popped my little madam, perfect :cloud9: - 3:35pm. (No stiches either WOOP!)

After I'd managed to work out how to turn round to get seated (from the all fours position) without getting tangled in the umbilical cord, my little girl was placed on my chest. It was the most incredible moment of my life and I'll always remember it :cloud9:

Delivered the placenta naturally about an hour and 10 after Robyn was born. :thumbup: While I was watching my OH sing 'the snowman' song to our screaming daughter. Then a well earned cup of tea :thumbup: haha.

---

Long I know :) and a little all over the place! Sorryy!!!

xoxox

I loved reading that! ive been waiting for it ever since you text be saying she was born!!

She is just such a cutie laura xxxxxx

haha sorry darling! I did start writing it before but Robyn side tracked me, she has her mummy wrapped round her little finger!

:) xoxox

awww lovely story, congratulations x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"