Xx

At that age it was all the time for the silliest things. Now he has an attitude, he doesn't always listen and sometimes he shouts at us, but he doesn't cry or throw tantrums anymore.

3/4 quite often I would say as she was learning new skills and how to be an independent school girl and emotions were all over the the place.

Now at 6 I would say its quite rare unless she gets over tired, maybe once a month.

What makes you anxious crying and tantrums are a normal part of emotional development for toddlers/preschoolers

At 4 my daughter tantrums much less than she did at 3. Maybe once every 2 weeks will she have an actual meltdown over something and it is normally pretty easily dealt with as we are able to communicate and reason with her now she's a bit more grown up.

She very rarely cries over hurting herself so maybe once a day or so she will whine about something minor and it's normally sorted in a minute or 2.

I remember feeling very overwhelmed with tantrums when they first started and being a SAHM I felt like the only one responsible for dealing with it and felt a lot of pressure from that.

All the fucking time, at least it feels like that! Especially when she was 3. Now at 4 she will throw an angry tantrum every couple of days. Was really bad at one point as the tantrums were violent too, now they're sometimes violent but not as bad as before.

All the fucking time, at least it feels like that! Especially when she was 3. Now at 4 she will throw an angry tantrum every couple of days. Was really bad at one point as the tantrums were violent too, now they're sometimes violent but not as bad as before.

May i ask if she is in school yet?

I would say that school made it worse for a time because they were so tired. Wen my eldest started he'd just turned 4 and he spent most of the time from leaving school until going to bed melting down!!

Tbh he was pretty bad anyway. He was hard work from being -18 months - 4 1/2 years.
DD was better and I'd say tantrums around the 3 or 4 mark (and 5 to a point) were all down to not getting her own way and pushing boundaries. I'd say they happened most days but they wouldn't last for hours or anything.

May i ask if she is in school yet?

No but she's in full time daycare/nursery which has helped a huge amount.

Tommy is 3 and tantrums on a daily basis. His behaviour is great at pre-school and he never misbehaves there but at home he has horrendous meltdowns and has done so for over a year and a half now. They are triggered when he is frustrated/angry/wants his own way mainly. Daisy had dreadful tantrums from 2 until 3 but her tantrums stopped at 3 and she never ever has a tantrum now at 5. She can be emotional and will cry but that's about it.

Usually only when he's not getting his own way. Sometimes it's several times a day, sometimes he doesn't do it for days. I've found that if he's tired, it's a lot more likely to happen too as he's less likely to listen to reason.

Mine doesn't really tantrum any more unless he really wants something that we have said no too, or when we tell him he needs to share his toys with his younger brother. But it doesn't last long. It happens when he is over tired or hungry, or just in a bad mood. But it doesn't happen too often any more.

My 4 year old cries every day over the most silly of things. He has a proper tantrum about once or twice a week. I'm really hoping he improves once he's in school!

DS2 is almost 3, and still tantrums daily. Multiple times on the daily.

DS1 is 4, almost 5, and hasn't really tantrumed in quite some time. He does cry a few times a week when fighting/arguing with his brother over toys, but not really tantrums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->