yarn for blankie

cowboys angel

new mama & wife and ttc#2
Reaction score
Okay, hoping someone will have some advice for me here.

I LOVE to knit/crochet, stuff like that. I want to knit my princess's baby blankie.

(Yes I know that she can't sleep with it, because of threat of suffocation, that's not what this thread is about.)

I know that there are people who think there are certain yarns better for certain things. I also know there are yarns you can sometimes find yarns that say that they are for baby things.

Does anyone have a recommendation as to a specific yarn, or just any yarn that is meant for babies or what?

By the way I'm in the U.S....lol

I wanted to have some knitted cardigans, I know much smaller scale lol... but at the shop I was recommended to go for the double knit products over the baby knit, as they are more durable, and wash better. Im not a knitter (I got someone else to make the cardigans lol) but the quality is lovely and they are baby soft. Im in UK so might be way off with what you have available, but it may help xx

Double knit products...alright thank you. I will look into that tomorrow when OH and I go yarn shopping. Thanks!

I knit lots and do baby clothes and blankets for all my friends.

4ply is thin wool but makes lovely light shawls and nice first size clothes - i tend to find double knitting wool a bit heavy for newborns.
Double knitting is great for 3-6 month and older clothes and thicker blankets.

Debbie Bliss do beautiful yarns for babies and patterns - I tend to get mine off ebay lots cheaper than any of the wool shops but the choice of colour is more restricted on ebay sometimes. Look up Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino on google, I just did this GORGEOUS teddy: https://www.laughinghens.com/knitting-pattern-page.asp?patternpageid=4852

Also the sirdar sublime patterns and yarns are nice as are Rowan baby wools! So many to choose from and if in doubt go have a wander round your nearest yarn shop and see what you like!

PS one of my fav online stores - I know it is UK but might give you some ideas...
https://www.knittingwoolandyarnshop.co.uk/shop/type/babies

Enjoy the knitting x

I got my yarn today, Bernat Baby Soft brand. Very pretty light purple. :)

I've decided to crochet it, not knit it, because of my time restriction before she comes. I should have started this a while ago, haha.

great question! Will look into some of these as well :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"