Yasmin

Lou

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I was wondering whether anyone who is or has been on yasmin has felt unusually hormonal / depressed?
I'm usually a really bubbly person, for the past few weeks since I took this months pill packet, I've gotten all sad over nothing at all!!! I even had a rant about people not answering my journal!!! I'm soo sorry and embarrased about that - sorry everyone!:blush:
Any help with this would be really appreciated.

Lou
Xxx

Hi Lou

i havent been on yasmin but some bcp turned me into a right cow. I mean realy bitchy and evil, snapping at everyone and everything, The OH couldent do anything right.

Lozzy,

Thats exactly how i am!!! Its soooo annoying, poor OH gets bitched at constantly and ive even started snapping at mates, and im not like that! :cry::cry: i also cry like a baby loads!!!

rubbish!! thank you for answering chick

xxxxx

I have been on Yasmin for the past 2 years and it is the first bcp that I have had no side effects whatsoever with so I love it. I was told that for some reason GP's try and not give it out as much as some others, not sure why though.

Hope you find one to suit you better soon xxx

Hi

I went on it for a couple of months and completely changed! I kept crying over the smallest little thing. The min I came off it I was back to normal! When I became virtually hysterical over nothing I knew it wasnt the BCP for me. Personally I found it the worst bcp out of all the ones I've tried.

However on the other hand one of my cousins was on it and loved it.

I think different people react differently to it.

I hope u get it all sorted. xx

I became incredibly depressed on a pill called logynon ED, since then I refuse to touch another pill. I have heard SO many stories about the pill and depression, particularly yasmin. I recommend googling it, you'll find lots of women saying the same things.

Aw thanks soo much fir getting back to me. I gave been on this pill a year in April. It's been since June that ive been like this. It's almost as though the red mist just comes down and I can't prevent myself from getting angry, or I'll start crying at an advert and I'll sob for 15mins or so. It's embarrasing more then anything.

I'm in a much better mood today though so that's got to be a plus. Good tip about google, I'll take a look now.

X

I wasn't on that pill but i hated the pill in general. Made me even more irrational than i am now. lol.
If it's not for you hun, there are many other contraceptives. What about the Coil? If you get the copper version and not the hormonal version you will be free of any extra nasties.

Good luck :hugs:

I was put on yasmin once and came off after the first pack, i cant remember being any more emotional than normal but it made me really bloated so came off them straight away.

I would go back to your doctors and ask to change. I went on cilest in the end which was pretty good.:)

Drazic, we're pretty similar with hormones then. Didn't know it didn't agree with you either! I hate the pill, and will never try one again, but some are absolutely fine with it. It's all trial and error!

Hi Lou, i was on Yasmin for 6 months and I have to say it left me very depressed... bordering on suicidal if I'm honest.. I had to come off of it because of that reason. I have a friend who has been on it for years and had no problems but it definitely left me down with low libido and very depressed. I would go back to the doctor and see about changing it as not all pills will affect you the same way.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->