YAY! Just got a free pump!!! (Well, kind of!)

BrandiCanucks

Mommy of 4, WTT
Reaction score
So I made a list this morning of things I still needed to get for Emelia, and the top three things totalled $750. One of them was a new breast pump. Honestly, I was not completely satisfied with the Avent Comfort Double. It just didn't do the job that the IQ Duo did, so I was looking into the Medela pump for $450. We don't have the option for insurance to cover it here in Canada since our health care is almost completely free.

I went to test out the pump this morning, plugged it in to 3 different outlets and NADA. The motor wouldn't turn on, UNLESS I flipped the unit upside down. Weird, I know. This made me upset because I only had the unit since February 2014 and haven't used it at all in a year, at least.

Did a little digging and found out it came with a 24 month warranty, so it was still under warranty. Called Avent and figured I could probably send it in to be fixed, and instead, they're sending me a whole new pump!!

I have to send them the damaged one back, and that's good with me, but that just saved me at least $300. I can cross breast pump off my list!

Thats amazing!!!! congrats! I talked to my insurance a few weeks ago and they cover a few brands but not the medela that I really wanted but oh well! I just need to call again and get the name of the supplier and do it! everytime I think of doing it its either late in the evening or weekend!!!

Since our health care is pretty much free here, we don't get pump coverage. It's all out of pocket. I'm happy to have saved the money though!

Nice!!

There are some health plans that will cover it in Canada (well, 80%), but sadly, neither mine nor DH's covers it. A friend was going to buy me one under her plan, but apparently, hers got downgraded recently too.

It is annoying since it is so expensive! I ended up getting mine in the States because it was a bit cheaper. I hope I won't have to deal with warranty issues...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->