Yay, very pleased mummy - cephalic at 27 week MW appointment!! :D

rwhite

Mum to Lachie and Clem
Reaction score
:dance: :happydance: :wohoo:

Pretty much as the title reads, I went for my 27 week midwife appointment today and she said that my little man is cephalic (head down) with his back on my left side and his legs tucked over on my right side. That, and my fundal measurement is 29 weeks so sounds like he's at a good weight!

So pleased that he's settled head down this early on, it's a big relief. Now here's hoping he stays put :haha:

xx

thats awesome news, hope he stays that way for you.

Dont get too excited!

It just means the minute the midwife checked baby was ceth - 10 secs later baby probably moved!!

Theres tonnes of room in there - I would be very surprised if baby stayed head-down from here on.

Or maybe its just my little stubborn one!

Mine has been breech all along, but midwife put down ceth at 30wk appt -she said she was sure - although baby was breech at 28wk scan. Baby is still breech now at 36+3 and we are going to hospital tomorrow to decide what we are going to do!

Hope baby stays down!:flower:

Dont get too excited!

It just means the minute the midwife checked baby was ceth - 10 secs later baby probably moved!!

Theres tonnes of room in there - I would be very surprised if baby stayed head-down from here on.

Mine has been breech all along, but midwife put down ceth at 30wk appt -she said she was sure - although baby was breech at 28wk scan. Baby is still breech now at 36+3 and we are going to hospital tomorrow to decide what we are going to do!

Now I'm scared :haha: I did ask her whether she thought he could flip back, and she seemed adamant that he wouldn't...I'd thought he'd be able to, too! Thanks for letting me know xx
I hope your LO turns in time, if not perhaps they can turn her manually, as uncomfortable as that may be. I guess it would be more comfortable than recovering from a c-section if she's still breech eh :lol: x

My little man has been head down since ar least 27 weeks and has not flipped. Keep an eye on it by checking where he's kicking (bigger movements) if it stays on your right upper side you can tell (s)he's staying put. By the way, the way baby is facing is ideal for birth.

Xxx

Dont get too excited!

Yep!!! Still time and room to move, I'm afraid.
It's only really about 35-37 weeks that you can be sure that your LO will stay head down.

Research the positions to get baby head down and keep your fingers crossed!
xxx

My little man has been head down since ar least 27 weeks and has not flipped. Keep an eye on it by checking where he's kicking (bigger movements) if it stays on your right upper side you can tell (s)he's staying put. By the way, the way baby is facing is ideal for birth.

Xxx

I was wondering what side was the optimal birthing position side...it's too bad I'm not 37 weeks plus! :dohh: xx

Xxx

I was wondering what side was the optimal birthing position side...it's too bad I'm not 37 weeks plus! :dohh: xx

Yeah with back facing your left side is best for entering the pelvis and the head turning the correct way (down) when crowning. My lad's head has begun to engage so unless he takes some kind of notion he's gonna stay put.

my baby was head down until 31 weeks then she turned breech. At the hospital last week they said shes head down again but saturday night i felt her flip round again & she is currently breech. I have been told that its quite common for them to turn up until 36 weeks.

my LO has been head down since 20 week scan, every time my MW checks he is in the same possition :lol: think hes lazy but i just hope stays their now although i think hes starting to engage now so heres hopeing xx

My friend had her m/w appnt at 36 weeks and she said she was head down. straight after that she went for a scan- and baby was breech! Stupid midwife :dohh:

My baby is transverse at the moment and its so uncomfy!

one of mind turned at 30 weeks - and there is two in there I didnt even feel him lol so there must be loads of room xx

My little girl has always been head down, never breech so i guess i'm rather lucky :haha:

Hope your LO stays head down too! :)

My lo has been head down since 20 week scan (well at each appointment anyway). Knowing my luck she'll decide to move in the next couple of weeks and end up being breech at the end! Fingers crossed she doesn't though! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->