yeah i post alot..

LHill2010

Reaction score
I've gotten a lot of annoying comments and questions from people asking me if my pregnancy was planned.. and in a few short sentences, I responded yest of course.. yada yada. Well, it's been weighing heavily on me why people just assume Connor was an accident. I posted a blog entry tonight, and I'm hoping it will just make people realize that their lives are not the same as mine.. if you want, feel free to read it. If not, that is fine too:)

https://usmcwife2010.blogspot.com/2011/01/i-never-thought-i-would-make-this-post.html

its annoying to hear that all the time...and then as soon as they arrive it's "do you plan on having anymore?" well shit let me enjoy this one first and then i'll get back to you! lol

omg I know.. I wonder how people think it is okay to ask such personal questions? I have taken much offense to it too. I can't help it, but just because you may not choose to have kids right now, doesn't mean I don't?

The same thing happened to me with my 1st....everyone just "assumed" she was a "accident"(which the use of that word makes me cringe..) I had just turned 18 on Nov 22nd, and gotten married Dec.1st.....I found out I was pregnant on Jan 5th...4 weeks....I can understand how some ppl can see our timeline and think that...but I mean, have a little consideration....she WAS planned, and yeah, we might have been young, but hell, we are doing a damn good job (if I say so myself ;) ) sorry mini rant on your thread..sorryz :(

But I totally feel you....it gets rather annoying....and can be hurtful at times...

no one has DARED said anything about this baby being planned/not planned....they pretty much know better ;) hehe

Oh another thing....I dont understand that question....what would someone say if you said "no my baby wasn't planned" VS "Yes, we planned it" ......seriously what would they say?!?!

ignorant ppl....mind your own...lol

i don't think age has anything to do with being a good parent. I think if you are mature enough to handle a baby, then go for it! an 18 year old can be more mature than a 30 year old!

Seriously though, I got a lot of facebook "messages" saying "Congrats! So.. was baby hill a surprise?!" WHAT THE F***?

I finally spoke out on my blog.. crying while writing it. I just hope it makes certain people feel like utter shit for saying and talking about my pregnancy.

Seriously though, I got a lot of facebook "messages" saying "Congrats! So.. was baby hill a surprise?!" WHAT THE F***?

that is just BEYOND rude....I would NEVER say that to ANYONE!!

They might of not meant it that way...but come on...:dohh:

I finally spoke out on my blog.. crying while writing it. I just hope it makes certain people feel like utter shit for saying and talking about my pregnancy.

I just read it, and it brought tears to my eyes..(weird?) lol

it is very well written, and not attacking anyone imparticular(which if it would have been me, I would have been calling names) hehe

oh my...I envy you... <3 :flower:

hahaha well, I just wanted the people who read it and did say things, to realize that they were out of line, and that while it's none of their business, our baby was very planned and for reasons they could never understand! And we are going to be grreat mommys tasha (you already are!).

awh, thank you hun!! and you bet you're gonna be!!!! :):flower:

:hugs:

I looked at your blog and listened to the video. You had me crying its beautiful.

I wish you, your husband and your little bubs the best future xxx

I honestly don't know why people even ask the question in the first place. It's such a private question...people have no filter around pregnant women.

And on a side note LHill, we're naming our baby boys the same thing! Except we're spelling it with one N so it'll be conor william martinez. :) yay team connor/conor!

Ahh I just read your blog, it was lovely!
People don't realise how hard it must be having a husband who can be away for so long, I think it's lovely that you're having your baby now so you can be together for those first important years.
People can be so rude sometimes and I hope that shuts them up! People just don't think!
Congratulaions on your pregnancy xxxx

Hi hun, I read your blog and I can relate to what you're saying purely because I have people saying the same about me, even my MIL. She basically insinuated that now I've trapped my DH with children so early on. It hurts but nobody can understand our circumstances until they've lived them. My DH was due to be on tour in Afghan for 6 months as of Nov last year. We decided to try for a baby before we were married. We're both desperate for a child and to us it was always going to happen so what was the point in waiting? My DH is my soul mate and best friend, if I want to have a baby with my DH after only 5 months marriage I blinking well will do! Keep your head held high sweetie, nobody knows until they've been in the same or similar circumstances and even if they do know, it's nobody's business but you and your hubby. Big hugs to you and remember no two paths in life run the same road, only some will accept somebody who chooses a different path to their own X

Hi hun, I read your blog and I can relate to what you're saying purely because I have people saying the same about me, even my MIL. She basically insinuated that now I've trapped my DH with children so early on. It hurts but nobody can understand our circumstances until they've lived them. My DH was due to be on tour in Afghan for 6 months as of Nov last year. We decided to try for a baby before we were married. We're both desperate for a child and to us it was always going to happen so what was the point in waiting? My DH is my soul mate and best friend, if I want to have a baby with my DH after only 5 months marriage I blinking well will do! Keep your head held high sweetie, nobody knows until they've been in the same or similar circumstances and even if they do know, it's nobody's business but you and your hubby. Big hugs to you and remember no two paths in life run the same road, only some will accept somebody who chooses a different path to their own X

Trapped him?! Seriously.. you are married. I don't bug people who don't have babies yet and say "Why don't you have a baby?!" So, they shouldn't feel like they can ask me "Why are you pregnant already?" Just plain rude.

And thanks ladies for all of the support :)

Yay for Connor/Conor! :happydance: I'm in love with the name!

I just read part of yr blog, hun you should never feel like you have to justify why yr having yr baby.
I have to admit I was nervous telling my mum but only bcos I am divorced been with my oh at the time for 9 months (but he is my one in a million) and my age 41 at the time with 3 older children, but she was happy and worried about the tests etc and even though some have assumed bubs was a mistake he wasnt we planned him, and had 2 mc before I concieved him and had to get over ohs mum telling me to not feel pressure to keep him but to have an abortion:( :growlmad:
some people should think before they open their mouths unfortunately they think they are being helpful:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:
Big hug to you hun enjoy yr pregnancy && ignore the unhelpful comments of the world xx:hugs:

I agree with all of you. I can't believe people ask these questions. I started answering them with the worst possible answer just to watch their reactions.
Examples...
"Was it an accident"?
Me- "Yes and we are devastated".

"Are you excited"?
Me- "No we are really upset about it".

"What are you going to do about it"?
Me- "Leave the baby at someone's doorstep probably".

Just watch their faces. In about 5 seconds they will realize how stupid they are for asking. What did they expect you to say?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->