Yeast Infection Common in Pregnancy?

TRINITY25_99

Mom of beautiful Caitlyn
Reaction score
I think I may have one, but am unsure. I know that sounds dumb, but I have no stinging, itchyness etc etc, but yesterday husband and I had sex, and it hurt alittle. Going to see OB tomorrow, and will ask her, I was just wondering, can having a yeast infection harm baby? Sorry for the TMI.

In a similar situation myself, everything I've read says thrush is very common in preg but it doesn't affect baby. try not to worry.

No, it's very common. Try and get it sorted though before delivering :thumbup:

x

I don't think it's abnormal to have some pain after sex when pregnant anyway hun, but if it is a yeast infection then yes, I think a lot of pregnant ladies get them, there's just so much more going on down there when you're pregnant, lol.
One thing though, I vaguely remember reading you can pass it to your partner during intercourse? So I wouldn't have sex again until you've talked to your doctor!

Thanks ... I will get it checked out hopefully tomorrow, I hope hubby is ok, and does not get it if I do have one. Can't say it's really bad if I don't have any symptoms aside from soreness after sex. Keeping my fingers crossed. I did do alittle more reading, and found out that it is not harmful to baby, but if not dealt with before delivering, then baby has possible chance of developing thrush of the mouth, which I do not want, but can be taken care of with antibiotics.

If you do have it, they can also give your hubby a cream to apply incase hes caught it :)

When I did my strep b testing they said I had a slight one. I didnt have any symptoms at all. They told me is was very common in pregnancy and has me buy just any over the counter treatment.

When I did my strep b testing they said I had a slight one. I didnt have any symptoms at all. They told me is was very common in pregnancy and has me buy just any over the counter treatment.

This is what I am thinking, that I might have a slight one. I had my strep B. Test 2 weeks ago, but they didn't note anything, and last summer I had my pap. LIKE I do every year, and my family doctor didn't note any thing, so it's been since I became pregnant. Again, I don't have the common symptoms that come with it, so it can't be too too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->