Yeast Infection while breastfeeding! Need insight.

alisha1418

Mother of three girls!
Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I am nursing my now 4 month old she is my second born. I just realized I have a yeast infection. I am taking over the counter medication that is just a cream that you insert for 3 consecutive days.
My question is what are my chances of my daughter getting thrush! I am scared and worried. I would prefer not to give her a yeast infection or thrush.
Is there any chance of it not infecting her at all?
She's eating just fine, I only breastfeed exclusively. I also read that if I had thrush or her, my breast would be severely in pain. But I don't show any signs of it.
Should I even worry?

I'm assuming you mean you have a vaginal yeast infection? If so it won't have any connection to yeast infections of your nipples as it is a localised thing (in one specific area) not systemic (something that goes round the body in the blood stream for example).

Okay, that is every helpful and yes it is a vaginal yeast infection. That's good I'm just worrying for no reason. LOL, as usual.

Okay, that is every helpful and yes it is a vaginal yeast infection. That's good I'm just worrying for no reason. LOL, as usual.

No probs. If you don't ask you never know. No such thing as a silly question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->