Yeast infection?

KcApple

Reaction score
Anyone else have a yeast infection early in pregnancy?

Yea I had one @ around 9 weeks my OB prescribed a vaginal cream but my DH and I didn't want to risk using something so strong even though the doc said it would b fine so I started taking a Probiotic and it cleared up quickly...... But from what iv read Yeastinfections are very very common and I'm expecting to get a lot of them as my pregnancy progresses..... The joys of pregnancy lol

Yes I have one now I'm using canestan and got a probiotic, the only other time I had one was with bub #1.

How early in the pregnancy were you and are you now?

Ughhh, the dreaded yeast infection. My pH levels get soooooo far off during pregnancies that I got them constantly until I figured out the solution for my body with my last pregnancy after having 6 yeast infections in a ROW and treating it with a cream each time! Every day when I shower, I first rinse my vulva/vagina and then rub baking soda on the area and leave it while I sud up the rest of my body. I don't ever use soap on the area. The last thing I do is rinse the area very well. Also, I use a probiotic before bed (as much as I can remember to, anyway!). Since I started doing both of these things, I have not had a yeast infection. I can tell if I miss a day of the baking soda because the area itches because my pH gets "off" so quickly! It's crazy, but it works. :)

Best of luck to you. I'd definitely try one or both of these things to try and avoid yeast infections throughout the rest of pregnancy. Once you're prone to them with the pregnancy hormones and changing pH level, you could be like me and battle them over and over again if prevention measures are not taken.

I just found out that I was pregnant and have had it for about 5 days now. Doctors in the morning.

Not much they can do just get some cream from the chemist.

I did. Don't worry. The doctor gave me some cream and it cleared up. I was really nervous about taking it b/c of the baby but i went to an ultrasound and everything is fine. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->