yellow poo?

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
hi ya my baby is 6 days old and for the last 2 days he has had yellow runny poo and the past siz changes through the night he has pood every time is this normal because it sounds to much for me and he was also very restless and awake all night long

My daughter hardly ever poos, like every 3 days so im not sure whats normal , all thought she does have yellow poo too and thats normal :)

I remember my newborns had yellow runny poo, like a mustard look but runnier, especially during the first week. At the same time, I don't believe it was as regular as your LO is doing.

Are you breastfeeding or bottle feeding? If breastfeeding, what you eat - something spicy, etc - can upset the baby's tummy.

:hugs:

EDIT: If you do have concerns, call your doctor.

Mine is the same. After the black poo it changed to almost watery yellow poo with bits in. I'm not completely sure on this but I think its runnier for breast fed babies than bottle fed and they go more often too.

Colton had completely yellow liquid po a few times.. I thought it was pee at first!
He also pooed alot when he was first born/first week or so.. I was told its where they are 'cleaning themselves out' since they were in the womb so long.
Now he only poos once a day.. so it gets better!

Yellow poo (usually described as mustard and cottage cheese or seeds) is very normal for breastfed babies. And it is supposed to be rather runny since the baby only feeds on liquids anyways.

Some days my baby poops with every feeding and some day he poops around four times. I got a sheet from my babies doctor stating that some babies may poop up to 12 times a day.

Mia poops 1-2 times a day now since her stomach has stabilized now, but when she poops....OMG, she poops for 10 babies!!!!!!

Sounds very normal, yellow poo is a good sign because that means your lil one is getting the fatty milk and not just the fore milk.

Pooing often is also a good sign for new borns. As your lil one gets older he will poo less. My lil girl use to poo after EVERY feeding, now she only poos twice a day.

thanks everyone i asked my mw too and she said its totally normal, so my mind is at rest now hehe xxxxx:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->