Yellow teeth

daisybby03

Mom of 3!
Reaction score
My preemie twins were born at 29 weeks and are now a year old. My son has two beautiful white teeth on his bottom gums..but I noticed his top tooth finally busted through..and it's yellow. Almost like he has never brushed it and its covered in plaque. Is this normal fir preemies to get yellow teeth? I know it's not a brushing issue because it just came throug..and I've cleaned it since I saw it!

Any help?

It might be hypoplastic or affected by staining from high bilirubin levels both of which you'll find info if you google preemies and enamel problems.
Get a dentist to confirm it, but if it is dont worry too much as its unlikely to affect the adult teeth xx

i have the exact same issue my little boys has 4 gorgeous little white teeth then this big yellow one which has came thu on top and like u say only just came and its yellow so not a brushing issue i had a look on line about this and could be with the med's the babies have been on when in NICU i asked my sister in law who is a dental nurse and she said the same it could just be what the babies have been on or an enamel issue but seems to think this will fade and go and not cause a problem with the adult teeth xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->