yes they are twins duh

FsMummy

single mum to 4 cuties
Reaction score
argh :hissy: if one more person comes up to me and makes me stop to tel them all about the twins im gonna scream. i was half an hour late for an appt the other day because of ppl stopping to 'have a look'. its annoying because they all say the exact same thing so im constantly repeating myself. "are they both girls?", "how old are they", "how much did they weigh", "are they good" blah blah blah. i know i sound horrible but it gets tedious. they stand there going on about how great the twins are and im like yes i have another child aswell actually who is standing right here, are you going to make a fuss of her too. it annoys me coz everyone ignores faith and just goes on and on about the twins. im hoping ppl will stop doing it when theyre not newborns anymore *groan*

I know how you feel! 5 months on and shopping trips still take a-lot longer than they should!

I have stopped doing that to people for some time now. I figured out that they get it from enough, I will not add to it. I will simply smile, and be on my way..

It's a total pain, isn't it? I wanted to get a t-shirt printed with

Yes they are twins
No they're not identical
(one is a girl and one is a boy FFS)
No they don't wake each other up

It does ease off thank God! Now I just find myself harassing other twin Mummies. Doh!:dohh:

It's a total pain, isn't it? I wanted to get a t-shirt printed with

Yes they are twins
No they're not identical
(one is a girl and one is a boy FFS)
No they don't wake each other up

It does ease off thank God! Now I just find myself harassing other twin Mummies. Doh!:dohh:

lol great idea. i said to oh im gonna make a sign and stick it to the buggy "yes theyre twins, yes theyre identical, yes theyre good" etc lol ppl come up to me and ask me if im breastfeeding. im like erm how is that your business. i actually dread going out (im not a ppl person at all and hate talking to strangers as i dont know what to say and get flustered lol))

Ok..I am tired of hearing already about people who had twins, but one died at such and such a date..yikes! Don't need to be hearing this! I am already scared as it is!

I know it's annoying but man those babies are cute! I'd definitely ask all the irritating questions!

Do you also get the question "do twins run in your family?" I hate that one because I would have to say no, this is through IVF. Then this opens up for more questions and them telling me who they know who had IVF. I guess I could just say no they don't and leave it at that.

yes everyone asks do they run in your family. im like yes i have twins in my family but these are identical twins they dont run in families lol im fed up of explaining that even frat twins are only thought to be hereditary and its only on the womans side. oh i dunno, it just gets so annoying, especially if ive got to b somewhere. i know they are just being nice and tbh i think its because im such an awkward person lol im not good at talking to strangers

Do you also get the question "do twins run in your family?" I hate that one because I would have to say no, this is through IVF. Then this opens up for more questions and them telling me who they know who had IVF. I guess I could just say no they don't and leave it at that.

i think a simple "no" should suffice, strangers don't have to know all the details

TBH most of the time I just say yes. It's easier than having to get personal about my fertility with a stranger and it's what they want to hear anyway. Who gives a stuff if it's not the truth.

Also, be prepared for the brazen person who will actually ask if they are IVF or (my personal pet hate) "natural". :shock: I kid you not!!!

yeh ive had tons of ppl say were they conceived naturally! bloody nosey lol

The questions annoy me too, but they used to annoy me more when I was exhausted and stressed out. Now the boys tend to be chilled out going round the supermarket so I'm not on edge and when they come up I laugh sweetly when they say "where did you get those, on the buy one get one free counter?" or "wait until they hit the terrible two's". In my head I'm thinking "F*** off" but with a sickly sweet smile on my face.

hehehe ohh this makes me laugh - I am asked A LOT whether they are IVF babies or not - the assumption is as I am 36 that they are. I think I will be a nightmare once they are here - I am far too outspoken at the best of times lol

I had a lady come up to me today and i only had my toddler and one twin with me..i said i had her twin at home,she didn't understand it straight away and said ''OHHH SO THEY'RE TWINS'' and pointed at the two of them lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->