yet another CTC thread

moomin_troll

mummy to zane and corey
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed their child tax credits has gone down a hell of a lot?

We were on £25 a week and its gone down to £8 :(

And before someone posts "i dont get why ur moaning its free money" dont!
Im greatful we get the help but as im not working that £25 a week really helped and was spent on zanes nappies and milk, so we are going to really stuggle without it

hi hun have u rung and asked why ? i've just done my renual form andours has stayed the same x x

not sure how old you lo is but it dramaticaly reduces when they are over 1 x

hes almost 2 so we did notice the drop when he turned one but it wasnt as bad as this.

ive tried talking to them and they just repeat the same rubbish not actualy explaining and not listening to me or helping.

blinking idiots

£8? how much do you make in a year salary wise? I thought it was based on a salary as Ive tried to see how much we would be entitled to once baby is here and it said 279 per month :S

£23,000 on just my ohs wage i dont work right now, not for lack of trying.

i wouldnt be bothered but i no ppl on alot more then us and they get more each week, we are only getttin £3 more then our neighbour whos oh is on £40,000 and the have a 14 yr old and a 18 yr old whos not in education

if you go online there is a tax credits calculator that works how via wages / number of children how much you will get per year. If you do it from today you need to divide the toal by 40 weeks and that is your weekly payment. It goes down each week as it is calculated from april til april iykwim! :flower:

oh and maybe you were overpaid last year and that is why they have dropped???

before i made my first ever claim i used that calculator and it was way off what i actualy got so i dont trust it hahaha.
im assuming we owe them money but i really didnt think it would take so much off our payments.
oh well, thanks ladies:)

Ive also noticed a huge drop, even though not getting letter back yet.
47 a week for 2 kids.
i was 47 a week with 1 kid!

47 a week for 2 kids.

has ur first just turned over one? ours droped down £30 a week once zane turned 1.

thats rediculas tho getting the same amount even tho u have 2 children

47 a week for 2 kids.

has ur first just turned over one? ours droped down £30 a week once zane turned 1.

thats rediculas tho getting the same amount even tho u have 2 children

nope hollie is 7month!
amber 2 & half.

going down 33 after hollie turns 1, then goes back upto 44 next june :S

My letter came yesterday

mine gone down to 8 like i said but will go up to 9 next yr lol
but i really dont get urs going down only to go up 11 again next yr.

i just give up hahahaha

mine has gone up A LOT like £40 a week - I guess it must be because I am on Maternity leave and wont be going back till October - so earnings for next year will be down. Not a clue but I am very suspicious

mine has gone up A LOT like £40 a week - I guess it must be because I am on Maternity leave and wont be going back till October - so earnings for next year will be down. Not a clue but I am very suspicious

id say give them a call u dont want to get screwed over by them and have to pay back money.
they said i owed 100 now its gone to 600, our earnings havent even changed that much. sometimes it more trouble then its worth lol

I honestly don't know how they work it out!

I used to get £6 a week and then I was told I owed them £600 and had a form to pay it back, but just before that my TC went up to £17 a week. So I rung them and was told to ignore paying them back :-S

But anyway.........I do know they work out your award by what you were earning the year before if that helps. x

As far as I know, they base it on your last years earnings. Also, its tax credits renewal this month so that, along with the recent emergency budget may have something to do with it ? Mine has dropped twice recently - once because my son turned 1 and then it dropped again for renewal, but then they paid me over £ 130 extra in one week and I don't know why ? I think they do it to deliberately confuse us, knowledge is power remember!!

thanks
i no how they work it out, i was just shocked how much it went down per week when we dont earn that much more.
and my neighbour whos husband earns twice as much as we do and they have older kids, one of which who doesnt live with them they only get £3 less then us

I thought they had recently changed all the amounts regardless of your situation (in an attempt to cut the national debt!) that you get, so everyone will be getting less now

i also thought that but then heard it wont be starting till next year.

just found out i wont be in the uk for much longer anyway so i guess it doesnt matter anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->