Yoghurts

Caine has been having it since 6 months and has one a day he loves them :D xx

Well i had been giving jessica those little star yoghurts and she was loving them but someone made a comment to me the other day with words to the effect that she shouldnt be having them so thought i would check! R any yoghurts better than others? Kx

Caine has petit flous, they are always on offer in Asda, at the mo 24 for £2 :D

You could try them? x

Yoghurts are good for them and full of calcium x

Children's yoghurts are full of sugar unfortunately :( I've only just started Ruby on solids but I've been giving her organic plain yoghurt with some fruit mixed in.

well i actually seen someone mentioning on here that they give lo natural yoghurt but couldnt find the thread to double check wot i read was correct, can u give natural yoghurt? Kx

Ive sat in asda and checked loads of different brands lol. they basically all have carbs - that turn to sugars. which is where the amount of sugar comes in i think??

Ive used little stars too

yeah think its the carbs of which sugars that are the problem - ive had a look at my little stars ones. My oh is a bodybuilder so its habit to check food for this but never checked yoghurts, thing is even fruit have carbs of which sugars but there is a difference between good sugars and bad so depends how bad it is, foods never tell u that. Kx

Yeah but stuff like petit filous have added sugar in them, not just naturally occuring sugars that are present in fruit etc.
I give Ruby natural yoghurt with fruit stirred in.

When the time comes I will be giving Freya natural yoghurt. If they are not used to eating sugar it makes no difference to them, they will still like it, even though we would think it needs to be sweeter!

if youre going to give any flavoured yoghurts at all the muller little stars are better as they have far less ingredients than others such as petit flous
none of these yoghurts are great but i dont see the harm in occasional use, archie loves natural yoghurt and doesnt have a big sweet tooth naturally

I initially tried natural yog with fruit puree but Jac hated it...so i started on petit filous until someone said the little stars are better and he loves them.

I try to be reasonably careful/sensible with his food but I think we can get over obsessive with all this sort of thing though. I think everything in moderation is ok.
How did our mums manage to bring us up us without all this internet info and so much dos an donts....me and my brother/sisters turned out ok and i dont think my mum thought twice about sugar and salt levels .....i think she just made sure we were fed :shrug:

xx

Yip i agree hun think its just so confusing sometimes with the dos and donts. Kx

I agree Penguin! If the main diet is fruit/veg etc and really healthy, a yoghurt is not gonna hurt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->