yorkshire puddins?!

S

star-dust

Sorry may have this in totally wrong section so apologies now!

But does anyone know how to make home made yorkshires, Im sick of cheating when I cook a roast I cook everythin fresh bar these!! I would love to surprise hubby with some home made ones if poss!
thanks in advance

I use a fab Jamie Oliver recipe, I was usless before these

You need to heat your pan with a little oil at gas 9, I always do this before I start

3 Eggs
115g Plain flour
285ml milk
dash of salt
throw egss and flour in and whisk add salt the add milk and whisk really well
transfer to a jug and leave to stand for 1/2 hour.

You need to leave oven at gas 9, pour batter between tins and back in oven for 15 mins with out looking at them ( they will sink) if you want them a little crispier turn down to gas 4 for further 5/10 mins

they should go huge

good luck xx

Make up pancake mix, get a cake tin (one of those for fairy cake sized ones) and put a bit of butter in each bit. put the cake tin in teh oven untill teh butter melts, one butter has melted spoon in some mixture into each bit (not sure how much) then put into oven to cook. Not sure how long though :lol:

I only managed this for the 1st time myself the other day.

The trick is equal parts:

I use a ramekin as a measure and use
1 x ramekin flour
1 x ramekin milk
3 x eggs(fill the ramekin)

Salt and pepper to taste

Beef suet as your fat....a bit in the bottom of each cup or in the bottom of your cake tin (dependent on what style you're going for). Into the over the heat through.....once it's melted and bubbling whip it out, stick in the mix as quick as possible and straight back in the oven. Try not to let either the fat or the oven cool at all.

In the oven at 200 and cook until golden all over and risen. DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR while they're in!
Hope they work.....best of luck!

100g plain flour
pinch of salt
1 egg
1/2 pt of milk (or use half milk, half water)

Put a little bit of fat (butter/veg oil/dripping) into each dent of a fairy cake tray and put in the oven on
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]230ºC, 450ºF, Gas Mark 8 for about 10 minutes, so the fat is really hot.

Mix all the ingredients together getting as much air as possible in and leave to stand for about 10-15 mins.

Pour in batter in the tray, the batter should make a fizzley noise when it goes into the oil (this means the oil is hot enough - it's a good thing!) and put in the oven on top shelf for about 25 minutes. Don't open the oven until they're done or they won't rise properly.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

I only have self raising flour :hissy::hissy::hissy:
will send hubby back out when he gets home

Self raising is what I use (it's a cheat and makes it a little more stodgy but it WILL rise if you use it....if only a little! :rofl:)

Enjoy with jam!!!!! :happydance::cloud9:

Self raising is what I use (it's a cheat and makes it a little more stodgy but it WILL rise if you use it....if only a little! :rofl:)

Enjoy with jam!!!!! :happydance::cloud9:

pardon! So if I used self raising would it still taste like yorkshire puddings?

Yep will still taste the same.....self raising just has an agent in it which will cause it to rise. but it can make it a little cakey...but taste exactly the same.

I will admit I could not tell you my recipe for the life of me, I just throw it all in the bowl, mix it up and it magically is just the right quantity for the amount of people I'm cooking for... I'm useless with recipes, I just guess everything!

But yes, self raising will do, but they won't be light and crispy, a bit doughy and soft... but it's all the same once it's smothered in tasty gravy!

NOM NOM NOM I have LITERALLY just finished eaten a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge one filled with chicken and roast potatoes and stuffing!!!! It wwas DELICIOUS! I cheated tho and bought it all pre made hahahaha!

my recipe is
4 oz flour
1/2 pint of milk
4 eggs
salt and pepper (optional)

flour in bowl add in eggs,salt and pepper, then gradually whisk in the milk, leave to stand for 30-60 minutes

Heat some oil in the tin for a good 10-15 minutes on a high heat, then pour in the mix and leave to cook-tbh i never look at the time i just look through the glass on the oven and when its done i take it out-maybe 20-30 minutes for a big one and 10-15 for little individual ones!

the eggs make them rise spectaculalry!!

i had to give my mate the recipe months ago as her boys had eaten mine here and wouldnt touch hers after that!! :rofl:

Oh my goodness.....I want one now...well more than one....mmmmm yorkshire pudding, roast beef, califlower with cheese sauce, mashed potatoes, corn, brussel sprouts...drool.

O ladies! I have never wanted 1 or 5 of them more than right now....mmmm smoothered in gravy yum yum yum

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->