you think she will go into the cot,help needed

bexxie

Reaction score
Well it is a nightmare!

Amelia will not sleep well in her cot. The cot is in her room and currently she is in a moses basket next to my bed well it is ridiculous as she is far too big for it and if she moves too much I am afraid it will topple over.

I put her in her cot for all her day-time naps and this works fine I put her in awake and lovely for an hour or so. Nighttime bloody hell! Different story.

We do not have specific bed-time yet,she is bathed every night same time 6.30 and then bottle at 7-7.30pm then up between 8-9pm usually awake to the moses basket. I put her in cot last night (asleep) and she slept til 3am then screamed blue murder so I went in (she had night light too) picked her up and put her into moses basket and she slept til 8.30 straight-away,after having a quick feed (BF). I dont really know what to do as dont want her screaming in the night (too tired dont like it.) do I keep her in moses til she is an adult,lol get a specially made one? Or keep persevering with cot and sleep in her room with her til she is used to it (I have a bed in there).

DH reckons it is coz I snore so loud she cant hear me in her room and wakes looking for me,I dont know if there could be some truth in that or he is having me on,lo:wacko:

Any ideas welcome.

Bex

bump-c'mon guys where is your help lol

put the moses basket in the cot during the night, or say your bed shirt that you wear stick in her cot in the coruner so she can smell you

Can't really help 'cos Kayleigh was in her own room in her cot from three weeks old.

As vicky says maybe try mmoses basket in cot, or try cot in your room.

May just have been one off and try again tonight and see if she is any beter tonight.

well put her in cot tonight and she created merry hell for 15 mins so I have now stuck moses basket in her cot so we will see lol I can hear her talking at moment over monitor,hope she gets used to it soon,will ahve to cut ends off moses basket and make arm holes other-wise

bex

wht about trying a cot mobile or sssomething.

We have this one https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3477465.htm

used it for Alisha now Kaylegh has it.

yes she has one and is crying again will put it on see if works been upstairs 11 times in as many minutes

right signing off now
night all
bex.x

I was gonna suggest putting moses basket in the cot as well
How did you get on last night?

How a bout a two way monitor so she can hear you as well, maybe OH is right( but don't tell him lol)
It might be too quiet for her in her room

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->