• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Young and Confused....

I know your question has probably been answered already since this thread was made a while ago but I just wanted to add that I was worried how my boyfriend and I would cope financially. I was living with my mum, he was living with his family. I was claiming job seekers allowance as I was out of work, then in my 10/11(?) last weeks of pregnancy I claimed Income support and got milk tokens etc, which really helped a lot.

I now live at his house, I cancelled my income support and we applied for child benefit and working/child tax credits which we both receive and are a great help. He now has a much better wage and we are better off. We do have support, im not going to say we are doing it all alone, but we are looking into part buy (private renting is ££ around here) and are waiting on the council housing list since July 06 anyway.

The point of my post is pretty much, it will work out in the end. You will make it work and no one will let your little one go without.

I think you made the right decision :)

hi hun both of you need to sit down and talk about this you dont really need to give your job up as you can work up to so many week and take maternity leave and go back after youve had the baby you could the baby in a nursery while you go back to work if you have no one to look after him/her will have to look into it as im not sure what happens also you could both put your names down for a council house see what they can do its nice but if you are going to have an abortion really think about it and both of you discuss it first before as you may end up regretting it but look at information and what help you would get any help with money etc then you can decided what you want to do i hope this helps spunky xx

Hi spunky - this was me months ago!! How times have changed!!

As i'm sure you know i am having the baby and it was the best decision i ever made. Still no regrets. x

lol i did officially re-inroduce myself once i made my mind up!! lol.

hey Confused,
I believe that we have our own answers within us... to sit and listen to your own heart. Yeh your Mom may freak out a little... we are always our mama's baby, no matter how old we are... and she will probablly be going through her own emotional changes. Do you visit a youth centre... or somewere where there are supportive adults, workshops or groups... kinda like this site.....someone objective to talk to...support is really important!!!!
Thinking of you... and know that you will figure out what feels best in your life!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->