Your baby bump

PurpleIvy44

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
When you bump starts to show, is it hard from the beginning? I've been thinking that I'm bloated but at almost 19 weeks along it's not something I can hide and maybe is really is a bump. I didn't have a flat stomach to start with so I've got some cushioning :winkwink: I've seen pic from other women and their top half above the belly button kind of slopes downwards and mine does not. This is also my first.

I wonder about this too, can't wait to hear answers :)

In the beginning your uterus pushes your other organs outward as it grows. Keep in mind usually your uterus isn't above your pubic bone until 12 weeks, so your belly isn't going to be hard until the 2nd trimester, although it can very a bit depending on whether it's your first, size to start with, etc. Mine got hard about 15 weeks and more noticeably the past several days. My belly does slope down like your describing. Keep in mind that your uterus is at the bottom of your belly and grows up. Some women carry higher though.

Mine was fairly firm from 8-9 weeks. I think it was mainly uterus pushing up my other organs. It was an obvious change from the bloat of the previous weeks in the way it felt.

Mine does not slope at all. Heck, I could use it as somewhere to set whatever I'm drinking when I'm sitting down! It's quite high. And I'd say somewhat firm (?). But I'm not an expert on that part.

Here's a link to a picture of mine that I posted on a forum I started.
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/1743351-opinions-please.html

I didn't have a flat tummy to start with either :) I'm still not really sure whether to call mine a bump or not. It feels firm to me from an inch or so beneath my belly button, but my general belly area is more rounded than normal, though it's not as firm as my lower stomach is. Tatormom I was thinking today is my 'bump' more to do with my insides starting to get moved up, so good to know I wasn't far off the mark :) It does kind of make me feel like I'm cheating though! As in, I am getting a round belly but it's not the actual baby yet, it's just other stuff being pushed around :)

My tummy is neither noticeably bigger or hard at 17 weeks. When I'm shirtless, it just looks maybe a bit fluffier than before. But no one could tell, normally. I hope I'll be one of those ladies with a smallish bump, even at the end. I don't want to be HUGE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->