Your favourite of the 3?

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
I know I post a lot but that's what this forum is for :)
My partner now has choice of first name,
He likes

Grace
Lily
Ruby
Ella is my favourite name ever but we can't have an Isabelle and Ella :/

I've always loved Lily but fear it's too popular and it's going to be the 'oh another Lily' kind of name.
Although I only know 2 myself.
Grace I think is beautiful but abit boring?
Ruby I love but feel it's chavvy.

I agree lily is lovely but v popular. I'd go with grace.
Maybe a more exotic middle name?

I agree lily is lovely but v popular. I'd go with grace.
Maybe a more exotic middle name?

Eliza will be the middle name :) she'll have 2 but the second depends on the first name x

If you love Ella why not choose a name which can be shortened to it? I wouldn't go for one which ends in -ella as it would be too similar to your DD's name, but something like Eleanor would work? Or I think Ella works as a nickname for Eliza.

Ok so....

Adore Lily it's my all time favourite girls name and I'm desperate to use it one day irrespective of how popular it is, I just think it is so so pretty and yet traditional and old-lady which is what I love

Grace - love love love, very classy traditional and pretty

Ruby - not very keen on, I agree it has become more chavvy (IMO)

Ella - I do like this one, but not as much as the really pretty girls names out there, it seems a bit more 'safe' and less interesting. To me anyway. But I agree Eleanor is lovely and could be Ella or Nora which I'm really liking atm!

ETA : Ella Eliza doesn't flow as well as Lily Eliza or Grace Eliza

I think Grace is my favourite, then Ruby, then Lily. I loved Lily but I have gone off it as it seems every other child is called Lily (where I live anyway) xx

I love the name Lily, that's what my son would've been called. Tbh I wouldn't compromise on what I wanted to name a child of mine based on popularity. The only time I'd have a rethink was if I personally knew quite a few and it was just going to be too much.

I love the name Lily, that's what my son would've been called. Tbh I wouldn't compromise on what I wanted to name a child of mine based on popularity. The only time I'd have a rethink was if I personally knew quite a few and it was just going to be too much.

My sentiments exactly

Although I would even use a name if someone close to me already had one, if I loved it enough. I would ask them first to be polite. But I just don't get the not choosing a name because it's popular thing. That's not choosing a name because lots of other people like it too basically! I see that as positive affirmation :haha:

My sentiments exactly

Although I would even use a name if someone close to me already had one, if I loved it enough. I would ask them first to be polite. But I just don't get the not choosing a name because it's popular thing. That's not choosing a name because lots of other people like it too basically! I see that as positive affirmation :haha:

It would definitely have to be more than 1. I know 3 toddlers called Isla and it's still top of my list atm lol.

I think you could have an Ella and an Isabelle. It doesn't sound too similar when said out loud. I like Eleanor nn Ella to, I know twins called Isabelle and Eleanor!

From the other names i like Grace.

I think they are all pretty names but Grace is my favourite

Do you pronounce Eleanor
Nor like more
Nor like na ?

I think it depends how people speak; I know a couple of Eleanor's and they are pronounced differently, one does pronounce hers with a nor sound at the end and the other with a na sound at the end. I usually pronouce it with the na at the end, but I'm from south East London, so maybe an accent thing 😉 xx

Ps: my friend has an Eleanor and uses Ella as nn, I love Ella, think it's beautiful...

I think Isabelle & Ella sounds quite beautiful together! And "Izzy & Ella" makes a nice sib-set!

I pronounce Eleanor with a "nor" sound at the end, but I greatly dislike the name Nora.

Ruby & Lily are both cute. Prefer Grace as a middle name.

After a long hormonal chat with my mommy and partner we have decided to stick with Eliza as we all feel I could regret it and use Ella as her nickname.
I'm extremely happy with this decision as i am respecting my Nan's wishes yet using a nickname me and my partner adore.
I think I need to step back off bnb for abit now so that I don't come onto the name section! Thanks for putting up with my endless threads lol x

Great choice! And very pretty name ❤️

I like Ruby the best from your choices, though all three are popular where I am. You could use Grace as a second middle name I.e Ruby Eliza Grace

I really like Eliza nn Ella :).
If you do take a break fro BnB pleeeeease come back and tell us what you call LO??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->