Your Littlen's fav nursery rhyme or song?

Mammy_pants

Pregnant with first baby
Reaction score
Hi All

i was just wondering if your little angels have a fav nursery rhyme or song? Charlies is, im not sure what its called but ill sing it to you's :haha:

'one,two,three,four,five, once i caught a fish alive,
six,seven,eight,nine,ten, and then i let it go again,
why did you let it go?
Because it bit my finger so,
which finger did it bite,
this little finger on my right!'

i have no idea why he likes it so much but he giggles so much when i sing it, it could be just my poor singing voice :haha:

x

LOL! That's sweet!

My little one likes all sorts of silly songs that I sing and sometimes tries to sing with me! I sing the 'smelly cat' song from friends.. but I change it to:

Smelly bum smelly bum
what am i feeding you
Smelly bum smelly bum
It's not your faaaulllt....

lol... I'm a silly mummy...

And she also like 'Twinkle Twinkle little star'.

lol alys' is "one two three four five" fishy song but i usually include her name and when it say "cos it bit my finger so" i use cos it bit mummy's finger soo! lol she loves it

lol kbaker i sooo love that song and didnt read your post properly lol i sing it to my cat!
ooo and aly loves the incy bincy spider with the actions though lol
x
xx

Jac always smiles and makes noises when i sing him one of our welsh nursery rhymes 'Dacw mam yn dwad......'
But there's no point me writing it all cos most people wont undersatand a word of it :haha:

xx

Amy loves the fireman sam theme and i love to boogie by t rex, she loves to dance to them!! but in the nightgarden, iggle piggle and upsy daisy songs usually get her going too. rock a bye baby put her to sleep in a flash!

Ruby loooooves 'row, row, row the boat, gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrilu, merrily, life is but a dream'. Huge smiles before I've got past the 2nd 'row'!

Phoebe loves 'twinkle twinkle little star' I have been singing it to her since she was born and it instantly calms her down if she is upset. I've tried others but twinkle twinkle is firmly on the number 1 spot lol.

to laugh to Ed likes Wheels on the bus and I have to do actions, row row row your boat and B-I-N-G-O oh and three blind mice and I have to tickle him. To sleep it's Hush little baby, You are my sunshine and twinkle twinkle little star

holly loves row row row the boat!!!I have loads of different versions!!!

My two both liked horsey horsey when they were big enough to be bounced on your knee...

It goes:
Horsey horsey, don't you stop
Just let your feet go clippety clop
Your tail goes swish
And your wheels go round
Giddy up we're homeward bound.

For the swish bit I tended to throw my head from one side to the other and would pause after the word round so when I bounced again on the last line they would laugh their socks off.

For some reason my mum did this too BUT added the word onomatopaeia (sp?) by way of explanation after the word swish so my kids have always known onomatopaeic words are words that are from a sound....oddness.

I don't know a lot LOL but Elyse loves plain old "rock-a-bye baby, on the treetop..." :) and Baa Baa Black Sheep

And humpty dumpty!

My kido like:baby:
Hush, baby, my dolly,
I pray you don't cry,
And I'll give you some bread
and some milk by-and-by;
Or perhaps you'd like custard or maybe a tart,
Then to either you're welcome,
with all my heart.
Hush, baby, my dolly.

Noah loves 'bobby bingo' as soon as I start with it he breaks into a big grin.

He likes brahms lullaby for going to sleep xx

Aisling loves The Grand Old Duke of York because she gets thrown in the air! :D

Grand Old Duke of York and Humpty Dumpty are Kitty's faves. She also loves the 'horsey horsey' song. All because we lift, or sway or jiggle her!

Theo loves the Handy Manny theme song. He giggles so much when it's on the TV.
He also likes Incey wincey spider whilst I'm crawling with my finger on his leg x

Twinkle Twinkle all the way :lol: It was my fav one too :lol:

I've tried all sorts of traditional children's songs and lullabies... I got desperate a while back and started singing anything I could think of to try and get him to sleep. The song he likes best is Tiny Bubbles!! He just loves the tune - I sometimes change the words and make up songs; he doesn't seem to care about the words - as long as the melody is the same, he's happy :D

leyleys fave is the upsy daisy song lmao, i sing it to her all the time and when it comes on the telly she looks at me to see if im singing :cloud9:

we also sing makeup songs, usually ones with leyleypants, stinky bum, leyla the wailer...or variations...in the song somewhere haha, she does like leyleypants sung to three blind mice tune haha

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->