Your meal plans for 6-8mth old?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
For mummies with LO's who are 6-8 months old what do your daily meal plans look like? Just trying to guage if im on the right track "amount" wise ...

Ours usually looks something like this

Breakfast - Porridge & 2 squares of toast
Lunch - 2 squares of toast with some kind of spread & half a jar of fruit or yoghurt
Dinner - Vegetables & chicken or some other sort of home made puree

Then throughout the day we have 20 - 25oz of milk aswell.

brooke sounds like she's doing great hon, def on the 'right track' i panic a lot over maddi's eating enough :dohh:

at brooke's age this was maddi's meals:

porridge and fruit for breakfast, and half a slice of toast
lunch - pasta or veggie's and fruit puree or rice pudding for dessert
dinner - chicken and veg or pasta, depending what she's had for lunch, and fruit puree/dessert - i think we progressed to desserts around 8 months though!

at this age she was still having 5 x 7oz bottles - such a little piglet maddi is! you've seen what she eats now :lol:

Well before we were doing fruit for lunch and veggies for dinner but im now trying to introduce savoury and a sweet at lunchtimes and it seems to be going well so far :thumbup:

I dont know where Maddi puts it all :rofl: .... going to cost you a fortune when she's a teenager!!

For us Seren has 28oz of Milk -
Breakfast - Ready Brek/Weetabix and Bottle
Lunch - Bottle then Fruit Puree mixed in with Greek Yogurt
Tea - Savoury meal, at the moment, butternut squash with cheese/tomato and pasta... She's still a bit of a veggie baby at the moment, and in the process of introducing savoury at lunch time soon - Just need to have my big cook off day first.

Ours is like this..

Breaky

Big bowl of porridge (or another cereal) followed by home made pear puree and 7oz milk.

Lunch

Muller little stars yoghurt and then a range of finger foods such as cream cheese on toast, rice crackers, apple sticks, cucumber etc and 7oz milk

Dinner
First course normally all finger food, some protein such as chicken strips or eggy bread and then some carbs with it such as pasta or bread/toast.
Pudding is often rice pudding if he is in the mood! He just has water with his dinner.

Then he has a 10/11oz bottle at bedtime.

I also give him lots of extra finger foods throughout the day.

Well before we were doing fruit for lunch and veggies for dinner but im now trying to introduce savoury and a sweet at lunchtimes and it seems to be going well so far :thumbup:

I dont know where Maddi puts it all :rofl: .... going to cost you a fortune when she's a teenager!!

sounds just how we did it holly :D good job mummy :happydance:

i no - she's just sooo active that i think she burns it off pretty quickly bless her, and i think she has hollow legs too :rofl:

Aidens daily meals are like this....

Breakfast: Weetabix or readybreak made with cows milk

Dinner : Soup With bread & Some Banana given as finger food

Tea: Loads of diffrent things like spag bol or sausage & veg or lasange or chicken & veg ect with a yogurt or puree fruit

He also has 17oz of milk a day (8oz morning 9oz night) he has cut himself down to 2 bottles a day i didn't cut any of them out

He also gets water with every meal and during the day too xx

Breaky - porridge or cornflakes

Dinner, Finger foods like toast, rice crackers, carrot sticks, cucumber

Tea - Now we are at stage 2 ive been giving him jars as i find i cant cook enough variety for him, so he has half a jar or sometimes has what we eat mashed down a little, and a yogurt

drinks about 22oz milk a day too :)

Fred has

Breakfast - wheatabix or porridge with raspberries, blueberries or some other fruit in!

lunch - scrambled egg and toast or a savory meal with finger foods, sometimes fruit pud

tea - bolognaise, chicken and veg or our leftovers from night before and fruit or a yoghurt

water with his meals

he has 2 x 7oz bottles a day plus 2-3 bfeeds xxx

breakfast - babyrice with puree or baby porridge (probably about 4 or 5 tbsps worth!)
lunch - toast with butter, veg batons, yogurt, fruit slices, sandwich (just whatever I have in really, but no purees)
dinner - veg puree of some sort or if we're having something she can nibble at (like pasta) I'll give her some of that, sometimes I give her an organix crisp thing after or some fruit puree

Brekkie - porridge / weetabix
Lunch - fruit and veggie combo like butternut squash and pear ect and finger foods
Dinner - chicken and veg / spag bol/ or anything we are having

Logan still has 2 bottles in the day mid morning and mid afternoon then 1 before bed and a feed during the night so about 25oz !

Thomas is still adjusting to food as he just wasn't interested for ages, but is a lot better than he used to be so is currently on

Breakfast - 1/2 a weetabix
Lunch - nothing
Tea - Something like mashed potato,broccoli and cauliflower mashed up.

The Health visitors made out Thomas was on too much milk and needed to cut down but as he has around 25 oz a day its no more than most who have posted on this thread! grrr!

Molly has about 20oz milk +
brekkie - porridge
lunch- half a jar/veg puree + fruit puree
dinner- half a jar/veg puree + yoghurt

I was worried Molly wasnt having enough milk, but looks about the same as everyone else. I think she is waking at night due to hunger but cant squeeze more in her at the mo :dohh:

Sorry to hijack - can I just ask how much they are eating of purees etc at each meal?

Breakfast -- Cereal or oatmeal with fruit
Lunch -- 1 jar veggies
Dinner -- 1 jar mixed fruit

So exciting, lol. I really ought to spice it up a little!

breakfast:- toast and porridge, melon and yoghurt, scrambled egg

lunch:- cheese spread, avacado, ham, grated cheese sandwich, yoghurt, fruit pieces ie nectarine or peach, strawberries, tomato or cucumber batons, breadsticks and rice cakes.

tea:- fish or chicken or whatever meat we're having ,sweet potato baked and cut in four wedges, veg batons. he loves hipp banana custard as well and their rice pudding.

obviously he dont have all that all at once just a selection of each

Breakfast bannana musli
Lunch sandwhich & yogurt or fruit
dinner, he has meals with us but make it with a cow and gate sauce etc, spag ball mince baby spagetti(sp) and sauce
Supper weatabix or porrige made with a 5oz bottle

Snack through the day are ke cucumber, apples, melon etc

Hes off his day bottles has an 8oz one in the morning if he takes it and 8oz if he takes it at bedtime and some with his porridge x

hmm let me think back :lol:

I think Hannah was on approximately this:

Breakfast baby cereal made up with 2-4 ounces of formula (depending on what was left from her bottle)

Mid morning snack (finger food, fruit, toast etc.)

Lunch 2 cubes veg, 2 cubes fruit

mid afternoon snack (finger foods again)

Dinner pasta, meat & veg, etc. plus some fruit if she wanted it

Claire isn't on too much solids, as I weaned her later. :blush: So her meals look like this for the time being: (also, I make her food so I don't know rough amounts, just how many cubes I use!)

Morning - 3 cubes of pureed avocado/applesauce and 6oz of formula

Lunch - 3 cubes of pureed sweet potato, 6oz of formula

Dinner - 3 cubes of whatever I feel like giving, I like to switch it up for her dinner, 6oz of formula

Bedtime - 4 tbsp of Rice Cereal, 6oz of Formula.

So that's about 30oz of formula she's still getting during the day. I'm still way too scared to give her anything else as she doesn't have teeth yet, and she's a choker! :rofl:

today leyla has had

b- 1/2 weetabix and melon puree mixed with some formula
d- potato and carrot mash with salmon
t - spring vegetable risotto
pudding - apple and plum yoghurt

she doesnt have finger foods yet cos she has no teeth and im worried she will kill herself with them lol, so everything she has is just like mashed up

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->