Your meals to impress ...

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
Those who entertain, what's your signature meal? I havent really found any thing really impressive that i would chance on others, lol, i cook things that are fantastic then the next time its a disappointment.

If I had to make up a three course it would be;
Thai chicken cakes (lovely and fresh and easy to do last minute but a bit different)
Mexican of some variety (as making up your food is social)
eton mess (delicious but very easy)

Doesn't exactly go together though does it? Keep thinking we should have people over and no idea what i should make, cant even get decent strawberries here.

I would do:
Chilli garlic prawns as a starter, served on a bed of rocket leaves
Probably also something Mexican as a main - I'd make the wraps, guacamole etc and have lots of different options for people to fill their own :p
For dessert the only thing I've made that impresses people is Tiramisu. Individual ones, layered up in nice glasses :D
I've had big compliments on it and I love it, but it's sooooo naughty... double cream, mascarpone, booze..... :lol: I like to use amaretto/disaronno in mine.... oh I can feel my arse getting bigger just thinking about it :rofl:

Something really simple and win hearts with comfort food lol. Roast meat or a carribean curry. x

anything from Jamie olivers book or delia smith works everytime

people always ask for my curries so i tend to have to do them. Im abit of a curry monster lol

My chicken pie always goes down very well and is usually the first to go :thumbup: People say I make them well because after all I'm a Wiganner and have the pie gene in me .. tut! :haha:

My lasagna always seems to be a hit with salad and french bread. Mmmmmmm now I thinking about food. Any weight gain is now your fault :rofl: x

I love to cook for other people all the time. What I cook depends on the formality and who's coming and if there is a theme.

Favourite starters to make for people include: French onion soup (I like soup because it can be made in advance and is really impressive with homemade bread), Mini lasagnes, a retro prawn cocktail

Main: Beef wellington, Toad in the whole with homemade onion gravy, lasagne, chicken catatori, a good old fashioned roast

Pudding: Chocolate brownies, strawberry meringue roulade, apple tart.

I always find its the extras that impress, making your own bread or ice cream or doing something different and interesting with the veg.

I'm actually cooking for Scott and his mates on Friday. I'm doing a starter of bread and tortilla chips and homemade dips. Main of beer and BBQ marinaded chicken with home made wedges and BBQ beans and dessert of mini cheesecakes.

Chinese style chicken, sweetcorn & noodle soup to start, then thai green chicken with lime & lemongrass rice as a main. Dessert I like doing chocolate orange mousse.

DH also likes my chicken & broccoli lasagne and chicken & asparagas pie.

I'm actually cooking for Scott and his mates on Friday. I'm doing a starter of bread and tortilla chips and homemade dips. Main of beer and BBQ marinaded chicken with home made wedges and BBQ beans and dessert of mini cheesecakes.

This sounds nice!

I generally avoid cooking like the plague, but when we have people over, I am often inspired to do a really big meal. I cook a mean Thanksgiving turkey with whiskey candied yams, garlic brussel sprouts, and a sausage/apple/cranberry stuffing. And I also do a very good roast leg of lamb.
Dessert-wise, my surefire hits are my "pirate trifle" (heavy on the rum! :)), banana cake, chocolate zucchini cake, and rhubarb pie.

Damn.
Now I'm hungry! :haha:

My sig dish would have to be my Moroccan lamb curry with cous cous, marinated greek lamb salad, prawn and avocado salad or Gwinganna chicken salad om nom nom

I lovvveeeee gourmet salads

I make a really good steak pie :haha: and I can make good banana cheesecake and an amazing banoffee pie!

Mine would be:

Scallops, Bacon crisp served with Pea & Mint Puree
Risotto - usually wild mushroom, but have on occassion been known to do chilli bean or pea & bacon.
Chocolate Brownie & Cherry Individual cheesecakes.

That is what you get the first time you come round ................ so you can be WOWED.....second time is usually lasange & garlic bread! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->