Your meals to impress ...

Ooh its depends on what type of mood I'm in as to what type we cook...

Loving some of these ideas though!

I like to cook chinese ribs or stuffed mushrooms for starters.

Then either lasagne/spag bol (with homemade garlic bread) and steak & chips for main.

OH loves making cheese cakes etc...

yummy! Now i need people to invite to try these hehe

Scallops! yummy, never thought of making them, are they hard, hwo do you know when they are cooked???

Scallops! yummy, never thought of making them, are they hard, hwo do you know when they are cooked???

Really hot pan, add some oil (groundnut or sunflower - no taste) then flash fry for one minute each side. Perfect ! :)

Really hot pan, add some oil (groundnut or sunflower - no taste) then flash fry for one minute each side. Perfect ! :)

thanks, will try yummy!

OoO lasagna.....i make the BEST pumpkin and ricotta lasagna. No milk or flour in the cheese sauce either ;)

The Philly Thai Green Curry.

Everyone I make it for loves it.

V xxx

DF does most of our cooking but I can do a couple of meals, his favourites.
To impress i'd probably do

Mushrooms stuffed with garlic and cheese and a side salad with lemon

Steak in onion gravy with home made chunky chips

I'm rubbish at baking though so i'd buy some kindof gooey chocolate desert :lol:

My DF can cook and bake ANYTHING, im kindof jealous but very glad he can :)

We love Jamie Oliver recipe books, gorgeous meals.

OoO lasagna.....i make the BEST pumpkin and ricotta lasagna. No milk or flour in the cheese sauce either ;)

Mmmmm that sounds yummy. I once had sweet potato lasagne in a restaurant, and it was fantastic!

I LOVE cooking for people.

I have a great Indian book called 'The Curry Secret' which has recipes for curries so they turn out exactly like those in Indian Restaurants/takeaways. Dishes from that always go down a treat.

If the friends coming ae more open minded/foody then I do something like:

Starters: my favs are goats cheese and aubergine tower with roasted baby vine tomatoes and pesto, shellfish risotto, home made crab ravioli with shellfish sauce or home cured sea trout/salmon.

Mains: Favs are canon of lamb stuffed with black pudding served on pea puree with sweetbreads, duck with fennel puree and braised baby fennel with a duck and red wine sauce

Puddings: lemon tart wth berry compote, poached pears with home made brandy snap basket, home made icecream and raspberries or a chocolate tart and home made vanilla ice cream.

It usually takes me all day and sometimes the night before to prep and do everything, but I love doing it.

I'm actually cooking for Scott and his mates on Friday. I'm doing a starter of bread and tortilla chips and homemade dips. Main of beer and BBQ marinaded chicken with home made wedges and BBQ beans and dessert of mini cheesecakes.

Yum. What time do I need to be at your house? It actually made my mouth water! :rofl:

stuffed mushrooms for starters.

Please post a stuffed mushroom recipe! I've never made them but have always wanted to try!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->