Your "must have" for hospital bag?

DJMooMoo79

Reaction score
In two days I'll be 30 days from my due date, and will officially start packing. I want to get an idea of things to get besides the usual. What is your "must have" for your baby bag?

For baby's bag I'm not too sure.

For my bag it will be things for energy, chocolate and lucozade. (My last labour I didn't take anything like that, and it was very tiring. Two long days)

Nursing pads, I forgot those with the last baby and it was a TERRIBLE mistake, lol. So nursing pads are my must have. And pillows, my own pillows.

I was in labour for 18 hours and ended up having an Epidural so was unable to move & time went very slowly! My must have were magazines/books/crosswords.

I also found my handheld fan a godsend for when i was in labour & when on the ward. Even though it was November the place was boiling & i suffered bad with hot flushes. xx

Oh yes, pillows! I will be taking my pregnancy pillow it's been amazing during this pregnancy.

Snacks for both DH and I, it's our first so who knows how long it'll take. Following along for more "must have" ideas :)

I didnt pack anything besides the usual, didnt feel like i needed much plus isnt big space to store things. Only thing ill say is keep eye on your stuff, my phone got stolen with my 2nd babies birth.

Oh yes, pillows! I will be taking my pregnancy pillow it's been amazing during this pregnancy.

Right? My poor DH says he thinks I'm in love with mine, it's definitely coming with me.

I didnt pack anything besides the usual, didnt feel like i needed much plus isnt big space to store things. Only thing ill say is keep eye on your stuff, my phone got stolen with my 2nd babies birth.

Oh my goodness! That is terrible!

I must have my laptop, book, or magazine incase labor takes a while lol.

My phone!
I hate that that is my must have. But it is. If I need/want anything, there will be someone at the end of a phone call that can supply it.
It'll also serve as a means to keep OH in the loop after I've had baby, when he has to leave the ward. And ringing my parents to speak to my little boy, and let them know we're ok.
And also to take all the photos of our ladybird I'll ever need.

My laptop and charger, phone and charger and my own favorite brand of extra absorbent maxi pads. Did not like the hospital ones at all.

If you're nursing - lanolin and soothie/ cool gel pads..just start using from the very beginning. I also really liked nursing tanks with built in shelf bras...more comfortable in those first few days...in fact..I still prefer them! Also some snacks for the middle of the night when you're starving and up with baby.

For labor I brought several things (music, focusing object, tennis balls etc) and didn't use any of it..next time I'm leaving all of it at home but everyone is different :) I would recommend non slip socks (often provided) or slippers you Dont mind ruining. I walked through my whole labor so was happy to have this.

Oh! I did bring a jar of chocolate for the nurses as a thank you...i was their only patient on the L&D floor but still...I think it helped...they even came to visit on their next shift to check on Charles!

Depending on where you are, everything baby needs is provided. Just bring a going home outfit and car seat and you're set. We had a thick blanket for him I was happy to have as well. his temperature took a bit to regulate so we had him bundled when he wasn't on my chest doing skin to skin. Everything else I brought for him sat in the bag until we got home.

If you're nursing - lanolin and soothie/ cool gel pads..just start using from the very beginning. I also really liked nursing tanks with built in shelf bras...more comfortable in those first few days...in fact..I still prefer them! Also some snacks for the middle of the night when you're starving and up with baby.

For labor I brought several things (music, focusing object, tennis balls etc) and didn't use any of it..next time I'm leaving all of it at home but everyone is different :) I would recommend non slip socks (often provided) or slippers you Dont mind ruining. I walked through my whole labor so was happy to have this.

Oh! I did bring a jar of chocolate for the nurses as a thank you...i was their only patient on the L&D floor but still...I think it helped...they even came to visit on their next shift to check on Charles!

Depending on where you are, everything baby needs is provided. Just bring a going home outfit and car seat and you're set. We had a thick blanket for him I was happy to have as well. his temperature took a bit to regulate so we had him bundled when he wasn't on my chest doing skin to skin. Everything else I brought for him sat in the bag until we got home.

I def agee with you on the snacks. That's a must have as well that I forgot lol.

Lip balm, lucozade sport and food- I was eating a sausage sandwich in between contractions at one point:haha: I was starving for days after as well!
Deffo take nipple cream, breast pads, huge maxi pads and some shower gel- they asked if I wanted a shower after and it felt sooooo good to be clean:thumbup: x

Do you ladies plan on taking snacks or small gifts for nurses/doctor or midwife? I'll have my midwife, her student and assistant and I never thought of taking them something until seeing some posts on here about ladies taking things for their midwives as thank yous.

Do you ladies plan on taking snacks or small gifts for nurses/doctor or midwife? I'll have my midwife, her student and assistant and I never thought of taking them something until seeing some posts on here about ladies taking things for their midwives as thank yous.

We never did with out previous labour but after DD was born I really wanted to thank her, midwives really do, do an amazing job so we popped Into the hospital shop and got her a card and a box of chocolates. She really did appreciate it too.

So this time I think I will take a little thank you card and a box of chocolates again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->