Your perfect proposal?

Lou

Reaction score
Im currently trying to write my CV, but keep being distracted by one thing or another (BnB mainly!). I was thinking, If you could have the most perfect proposal what would you want?

I haven't thought too much of this, But I don't like public scenes, so I'm hoping my OH takes me away to a beautiful little place for a weekend and does it so that its just me and him. If I was being picky, I would say in yorkshire, on our fav bench, over looking the hills and the lake and the beautiful countryside!

I trust my BF to do me right though. Looking forward to hearing everyones perfect proposals!!

Lou
xxxxx

Naughty girl you are Lou! lol Get a glass of wine, i mean get back to work lol

oooooooo good question, I would like the OH the propose with a love hear lol or alphabet hoops lol. To be honest as long as it is romantic and he gets down on one knee thats me a happy girl!! ooo and a big rock! hehe
x

HaHa completely agree! The rock Is a must!!... and so is the knee part! haha

glass of wine sounds FANTASTIC!

xxx

Mmmm - I dont know! He would definately would have to go and ask my dad for my hand in marriage first though!! xx

Id be happy with any type!!!!!!!! just want one in the first place.

My BF has already told me how he would like to propose..... In New York on the balcony at sunset and I must admit I like the sound of it lol

My BF has already told me how he would like to propose..... In New York on the balcony at sunset and I must admit I like the sound of it lol

WOW! Yes please!! I'd say yes! :rofl:

xxxx

Apparently my OH is going to propose to me at the Trevi fountain in Rome at night. I have to admit that it sounds perfect but I would be happy if he did it at the local italian :D Not bothered about the ring or the proposal, just want to be his wife :(

Would like the italian holiday tho :D
xxx

I think I'd be happy with any kind of proposal, though we've already said that proposing with the ring in any kind of food would be a bad idead - mostly because I probably wouldn't notice and would end up swallowing it!
I like the sunset balcony idea though! That would be so romantic.

I really don't care about how he does it or what with, all that matters to me is that the man I love more than anything else in the world is asking me to be his wife.....I think however it happens, I will forget about the surroundings or venue over time but the words and feelings will stay with me forever.

xxx

I really don't care about how he does it or what with, all that matters to me is that the man I love more than anything else in the world is asking me to be his wife.....I think however it happens, I will forget about the surroundings or venue over time but the words and feelings will stay with me forever.

xxx

I agree, as long as the words are heartfelt & meaningful to us (& a bended knee, I won't conceed on that one!) then I am happy. I'd love it if there was some pre-prep in it (i.e. my OH is mad on making little movies so something like that) but ultimately I'm happy just to be by my man :) Whenever it happens will still be a wonderful moment.

how james proposed was the most perfect amazing way :cloud9: for me, i didn't care how he did it, but it was so wonderful - he whisked me off to Edinburgh by plane, we stayed in a gorgeous hilton hotel for a long weekend - the friday we went shopping and he brought me a gorgeous valentines day handbag, (he picked edinburgh cos of its great louis vuitton shop!) then, we had an amazing meal, the sat he took me to the castle (where i expected him to propose) but he didn't! we then went to the royal botanic gardens, a beauty quite place, where he sat me down on a rock, by a water fall, got down on one knee and made the most perfect speech about how much he loves me, and he produced a beautiful rock! i felt sooooooooo lucky! that was over two years ago :cloud9:

That sounds lovely :)

We've agreed that we'll just decide together when the time's right, this year! I think there's too much focus on the 'moment' when it should be about the gesture. If he does pop the question it'll be a surprise and welcomed :)

Both my hubby and I are diving mad and he had planned on putting my engagement ring under the 'magic pot' at one of our favourite dive sites out in Thailand (if you can find it you have to hold it and make a wish, and of course, it comes true!) I was meant to discover it and he would propose underwater.

That is how I wished it had happened.

He actually did it in our little Thai house after he came back from a dive and found me in a tizz (funnily enough, I'd woken up after dreaming I was pregnant!). We were laying on the bed and he was holding me and he asked me to marry him and I just said "What, really?!!". He had to ask me twice because I didn't believe him the first time! :D

He slipped the ring on my finger out on the veranda with the sun setting. Awwww...:hugs:

how james proposed was the most perfect amazing way :cloud9: for me, i didn't care how he did it, but it was so wonderful - he whisked me off to Edinburgh by plane, we stayed in a gorgeous hilton hotel for a long weekend - the friday we went shopping and he brought me a gorgeous valentines day handbag, (he picked edinburgh cos of its great louis vuitton shop!) then, we had an amazing meal, the sat he took me to the castle (where i expected him to propose) but he didn't! we then went to the royal botanic gardens, a beauty quite place, where he sat me down on a rock, by a water fall, got down on one knee and made the most perfect speech about how much he loves me, and he produced a beautiful rock! i felt sooooooooo lucky! that was over two years ago :cloud9:

That is sooo cute!! Im soo jealous!! Congrats though!

Awr there are some lovely wishes/stories! I can't wait until the time comes and he proposes! LOL i feel all soppy now! haha!!

xxx

I already had my proposal...got married last October, but wanted to share what my hubby did with you ladies.

He did ask my dad to have my hand in marriage.

He proposed to me on April 9th, 2007 (which was Easter Monday that year). He set up an Easter Egg hunt for me to do and with each egg came a set of clues to where I could find the next chocolate eggs. When I got to the last clue, there was a chocolate Kinder Surprise Egg with my ring inside the little plastic thing in the egg that usually has the little toys in!! He then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, and he put the ring on my finger.

He took me out for a very nice dinner afterwards to celebrate. I couldn't have asked for a better/cuter engagement.

With my ex, he had the ring on him when he asked me dad. Dad said ok, then he asked me in my living room, in front of my sister :(

How I want my OH's proposal to go down:

OH:"Will you marry me?"
Kris: "of course! ....oh, and I'm pregnant."
OH: *victory dance*

HAHAHAHa, nah, in all seriousness, a nice romantic gestures would be grand <3

Well i know my husband would propose i would rather it be a surprise ti was still nice

I always wanted a really romantic proposal, but instead mine was a really funny one. When he was trying to get down on 1 knee he actually fell over instead. :blush:

Definatly a proposal to remember. :rofl:

I already had my proposal...got married last October, but wanted to share what my hubby did with you ladies.

He did ask my dad to have my hand in marriage.

He proposed to me on April 9th, 2007 (which was Easter Monday that year). He set up an Easter Egg hunt for me to do and with each egg came a set of clues to where I could find the next chocolate eggs. When I got to the last clue, there was a chocolate Kinder Surprise Egg with my ring inside the little plastic thing in the egg that usually has the little toys in!! He then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, and he put the ring on my finger.

He took me out for a very nice dinner afterwards to celebrate. I couldn't have asked for a better/cuter engagement.

awww thats so perfect :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->