Your Plug...(maybe TMI?)

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
When you lose it, is it really noticable? Or does it just look like super thick discharge? Cause either I'm losing some of it or I've graduated on to an entirely different level of disgusting-ness :blush:

Well who knows lol! I was told that as you get closer to the end of pregnancy you get more discharge... I was also told you can lose little bits of your plug for about the last 2 months of pregnancy. You can lose all of your plug weeks before labor too.. It is your bloody show that usually means labor is coming soon... BUT, your mucous plug can have little bits of blood in it too, cause your cervix is sensitive and bleeds easily.

Thing is, your plug can look pretty much any way, everyone's is different.

Basically it isn't any indication of much except that your cervix is starting to soften. Which is great... but your cervix can be softening for weeks.

Its all really depressing lol...all the signs people get, but still the possibility of weeks of waiting.

I also have a gross level of disquisting discharge, I have to change my panties 3-4 times a day :( Its lots of watery discharge with creamy goop.

I also have a gross level of disquisting discharge, I have to change my panties 3-4 times a day :( Its lots of watery discharge with creamy goop.

yes! this is what its like except its more like.....aloe vera hah (sorry if I ruined anyone from using aloe vera for the rest of your life! :rofl:)

I just want the cramps+pressure+discharge to mean something! hahah

Mine was noticeable but I lost it all at once and than my waters broke right after :lol:

Mine was like that for about 2 weeks before I gave birth and the day I had Helena it was more pink tinged.

:rofl: Umm did you read my birth story? it went downhill after that

TMI WARNING

when i lost mine i noticed cos i went to the loo and wiped and the paper stuck to it! but ever since then my discharge has been really really thick!

apologies if anyone was eating their cornflakes or anythin then!!

Hi, wanted to ask this same TMI question. I'm currentlly 40+5 and had some nasty slimey discharge yesterday morning but not that much. Just went to the loo this morning and it was like I literally exploded :-( Just had to change my underwear which is gross... sorry lol. I'm having some pain but I wouldn't say they feel like contractions, at least not yet. Do you reckon I can be hopeful of labour starting? I have no idea what's going on at the moment and it's too early to call anyone to check.

Discharge does increase towards the end. Mine has been gross. But if it is your mucos plug, it doesn't necessarily mean anything, I'm afraid. You can lose it weeks before and it regrows, then lose it again. Or you may not lose it at all. It's one of the joys of the end stages. The signs mean nothing - as a few of us have discovered over the last few weeks/days!!!
I do hope it is though - and it is linked to something for you. One of us to have some good news for goodness sake!!!

Mine was alos very noticeable.I've lost it all at once.
And didn't go into labour till 5 weeks later! :dohh:

But it's possible to lose it in chunks! So it could be it for you!

This is just a TMI thread, so, I'll feel free to add to the grossness without shame.

I've been having the same thoughts about what exactly is the plug coming out and what is just another wonderful joke my body is playing on me for being pregnant.

My discharge is so gross and heavy I've actually felt it coming out, like a light period flow feeling. Surely this feeling has to indicate that I've sprung a leak! but its just kept coming for weeks!

I swear, men could never handle the grossness of what we go through to make a baby... they really have no idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->