Your relationship since being pregnant?

Dh and I are very much in love. Somedays I feel like killing him though. He'll go to the store for me if I want something, or surprise me with stuff, and he can be the biggest sweetheart.... but right now, I really want to throw his f*cking PS3 out the window. Wen I come home from work, he doesn't even say hi to me until I say hi, and he continues to play the game KNOWING that I'm home from work.
He's excited about the baby, and can't wait for him to be born.... I think my hormones might be getting the best of me. Kinda bi-polar!!

It really is true that moving house, getting married and having a baby are the most stressful life events for a couple (apart from divorce), it really brings both of your faults to the surface. For me the crazy moods and swinging between being mega-organised and a total slob have been a nightmare for DH and the fact that I do sometimes just blame DH for everything that goes wrong has been quite difficult. His way of doing the bare minimum to get stuff finished (causing me more work!) and not being able to control his spending have annoyed me greatly.

That said we have always had lots of mini-arguements about anything and everything so we know how to argue and let it all out without resorting feeling as if one of us has to move out. I guess we both know that no matter what is said during an argument we will always come back and talk it through and sort it out, but then we've been this way for 12 years so we've had lots of practice at arguing!

I think it is improtant to learn how to argue and make up, I know lots of couples who just never argue and I just don't know how they will cope when something massive comes up - to me that would be like trying to win a 100m sprint medal at the olympics before even learning how to run!

Otherwise DH has been very sweet adn attentive, not in a gushy way but little things - he always holds my hand when we cross the road, helps me in and out of the car and makes sure that his mum/ my mum cook my eggs all the way through if we eat at their house (she was never told this so forgets sometimes)!

Big hugs to all the ladies having struggles with their OHs, what crappy timing men have!!

We have had a few problems, mainly because we both have health problems and have both been exhausted and found things really stressful, but things always get resolved quickly.
Infact my OH has been amazing, he's put up with so much off me, and its made me realise he really is the right one, infact I'm pretty sure we could get through anything together.

mine went shit too.. we just kept arguing. its a bit better now. its just because its a hard thing being parents.
hope things get better for you hun :hugs: x

OH in first pregnancy, i could have killed him.
This time, hmmm, i cant really complain tbh. He was odd at the beginnin, but actually not said anything for sometime.
So im happy enough

Dont wanna sound all gushy (if thats a word) but i have to say that my husband is my hero. Since findining out about the baby we have become even stronger than before.
I just hope it stays that way when the baby is here with us xxx

:hug:

My OH has been/was/is absolutely amazing. I read all these stories about some of your partners and I cant begin to imagine how awful it must be for you all :hug:

My OH has always been amazing in our relationship though, so nothing has really changed except maybe he is even more amazing.

We are older though, which probably makes a difference. He is 39 and had given up hope of being a dad. Then he met me 2 years ago and became an instant dad to my DD whom he adores. We didnt plan this pregnancy, in fact we had just decided we wouldnt plan to have a baby ( I am 41) and that we would enjoy life as we pleased as DD was getting to the age where she didnt need us as much and didnt need babysitting. Then, the next month I fell pregnant. He was absolutely delighted and that hasnt changed. He cant wait to meet his son. He is so proud of me and isnt afraid to tell the world how much he loves me and how happy he is that we have created a life together. He does the ironing, the hoovering, rushes over to help me out of my chair when I need to get up, he wont let me bend down to pick stuff up or switch plugs on. In fact, if he could do everything himself he would do it. He hates it when I am not feeling good due to the pregnancy, he says he would take all the pain and discomfort for me if he could (and he would).

I am going on and on here, but I know how very lucky I am.

We are deeply in love and I am sure it's only going to get better once Caidan is born.

xxxx

Blondie and Kiki: It's so nice to see others posting about how in love they are with OH's!!! It really warms my heart! I love to read all the mushy details cuz it makes me think of all the sweet and loving things that my OH does for me. It is such a wonderful feeling when I think of our LO, that we are so in love that we created a new life because of it!

Keep the love comin ladies!

I really feel for the gals that have been having a rough go with their partners, and truly hope it gets better. Pregnancy is a wonderful time, and it should be enjoyed by both parties!

I'm going to have to gush too: my DH has been amazing - I feel we are closer than we have ever been. he's attentive, checking I'm ok (and not in a patronising way), won't let me do too much or carry heavy stuff, has been doing a lot more ruond the house (though to be fair, housework was never my strong point!), has been doing loads of DIY and getting the nursery ready while I sleep, never complains, puts up with my moods...I could go on.

I'm so relieved and happy about this, as I feel supported and not vulnerable at all.

The only thing that isn't so good is sex..I've gone right off it. And we never did it that often in the first place - always a bit of an issue for me. TTC was ace, as it brought us much closed together in that way. We were haveing conversations along the lines of how good this was for our relationship, when three weeks later...BAM! So didn't get to enjoy that phase enough!

But I still feel that we have a closer bond now.

My DH is being amazing, we had a very strong relationship before I got pregnant and had been trying for so long and about to start IVF. He isn't all gushy and over the top but he does everything for me and been there for every appointment and scan. The only struggle is he is getting so scared now our little man is almost here but thats only natural bless him, he hardly lets me do anything and never complains about doing things. I have to force him to go and have him time. I feel it has brought us closer together if that was possible. I feel so blessed and lucky, take care :hugs: XX

My Bf has been really supportive we had been trying for almost 2 years and gave up on the charting and figuring out when the Ovulation would happen. It became too much so we both said whatever happens happens and about a 6 months later it happend. He was super excited and shocked that I was REALLY pregnant LOL, he been the best to me. He rubs my back and feet EVERY NIGHT no joke, he brings me my dinner plate, he does a ton of sweet things for me! He really excited to be a dad and he rubs my belly every night, before I was pregnant he used to do that and say I wish a baby was there LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->