your reviews tommee tippee VS. avent bottles

Jess812

Jacob & Connor <3
Reaction score
Just as title says,

Ive bought some tommee tippee bottles. Starter pack an i have 7 bottles, a couple are 9oz. But ive heard avent bottles been mentioned alot, What are your reviews on these bottles, or from what friends have told you? Im looking at breast feeding (if possible) but im expressing an feeding by bottle most of the time (if i can do it! :) )

TT have always been best for us.. at the end of the day its what your LO prefers lol

TT for me, avent arent all that good to me they dont seem to make them right the avents

We have bought TT. xx

I'll be buying TT and i plan to do the same as you breastfeed by bottle

i have used tt and they have been great, cant really compare with avent cos havent used, although my friend was feeding her baby with avent and the teet looked huge. x

I tried avent 1st after breastfeeding lily for the first 2 weeks & she didnt really get on with the teats as it looked like she was taking in to much air. so I bought tommee tippee and she was great with these and we've used them ever since, with the variflow teats cos shes on hungry baby milk which is thicker. Ive heard reviews about avent & tommee tippee bottles leaking but I've never had a problem with leaking from either of them x

Also someone told me to get the bottle where the teat looks more like ur nipple if ur breastfeeding lol, and as I have rather large nipples TT was def more natural for us hehe

I have never tried avent as I never liked the look of them but I bought TT with my DS and I intend on buying them with this new LO.

DS was an awkward feeder from birth but he became accustomed to these bottles pretty quick. He seemed comfortable with the shape and I found them comfy to hold and easy to clean.

The awkward points I would put across about them is that my DS wouldn't ever drink from any other kind of bottle/teat and if you have a lot of bottles the teats can be expensive to replace. Apart from that they were great.

We started with TT and gave up and moved onto avent when Tom was 3 weeks old. He's still using them now. I've had a few leaky bottles but that's down to not tightening up the bits properly.

He just couldn't get the hang of the TT teats - they collasped on him lots and it took him literally hours to drink 3oz of milk even with a faster flow teat. He took straight to the avent ones and his feeding was much better on them. He also had less wind.

At the end of the day, it is just going to depend on which one your baby gets on better with one they're hear. I'd recommend not buying loads of either one until you know. I had loads of TT bottles and teats to get rid of when we had to change over.

Hiya All,

My LO has tounge tie and is feeding from TT, having a few probs but not sure if it's bottle or tounge related just yet. If your baba is gaining weight then not to worry.

Little TIP! if the teat collapses with the TT the small valve needs to be squeesed open again. :winkwink:

I have and use both my LO isnt fussy and takes from either teat, i found when he was younger he would get more collicy with the tt though xx

I use tt and I love them, so does my dd. I've not used any others so am biased towards them. However, it depends on how your lo gets on with them. I've got 2 friends who use advent and love them. Each to their own though.

we use tt, if the teat collapses you need to squeeze the valve on the teat a few times x

I breast feed, but when giving expressed milk by baby will only take from the tt and no others. We tried a couple of other types but not advent

My LO took to the TT bottles really well. We tried the Advent ones and she seem to take ages to suck with them. I did find the TT ones seems to draw the teats in at times when she sucked for a period of time. I came across the Mam bottles that are anti colic. I fell in love with these bottles and now thinking of switching all together. They seem a lot better and LO is able to suck really well on the teats. The teats seem to feel softer as well.

With both of mine, we had TT :)

We tried avent, but the tops and the bottles didnt seem to fit togetehr properly. I once went to feed my daughter and the top fell clean off and covered her in milk. Thank goodness it wasnt hot.

didnt like TT i know i am in the minority but my son took ages to get use to the funny teats on them , And wouldnt have a dummy because no dummy is the same shape as them teats .. Bought avent this time used before so i know i like them x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->