Your views on coffee?

T

Thia

Yes, I'll say it, I'm addicted to coffee!! :coffee: What are your views on stopping the drink while TTC?

My OB and acupuncturist say that one cup a day is okay while TTC. I just can't seem to function without my morning java!

I've read a couple reasons to stop while TTC:

1) It makes CM more acidic and less hospitable during O to my DH's little :spermy:'s.
2) It constricts blood vessels which can reduce circulation, i.e.; uterine blood flow during implantation.

I haven't read -any- benefits of drinking :coffee: while TTC. I'm considering stopping for my next cycle, but I am soooo not looking forward to the headaches! So, am I'm wondering, have any of your ladies had to go through this? :help:

Hi Thia :hi:

I'm not really a coffee drinker but i'm mad about tea! I used to drink at least 10 cups per day. When we first started TTC i didn't believe cutting down on caffeine would make much difference. However, after AF arrived for the 4th time i started to think about things i could do differently. The first thing - cutting out caffeine.

So this cycle i am safe to say i've only made myself one cup of tea and that was a few days ago. I woke up one morning craving a cup, made myself one (yorkshire tea too - my favourite!). I took 3 sips and decided i didnt like it :shrug: Then promptly chucked it down the sink!

As a replacement ive been drinking green tea and peppermint tea (although ive limited the peppermint as it can cause uterine contractions if drunk in excess). I must admit, i havent noticed any more headaches than what i would get anyway and i'm feeling much less bloated.

When i got to my fertile time i noticed my ovulation symptoms were much more severe this month than what they had been leading me to beleive i havent actually ovulated until this cycle (apparantly caffeine can prevent you releasing an egg).

Who knows :shrug: I'm 9dpo now so only time will tell whether it has helped i suppose

x

Yes, I'll say it, I'm addicted to coffee!! :coffee: What are your views on stopping the drink while TTC?

My OB and acupuncturist say that one cup a day is okay while TTC. I just can't seem to function without my morning java!

1) It makes CM more acidic and less hospitable during O to my DH's little :spermy:'s.
2) It constricts blood vessels which can reduce circulation, i.e.; uterine blood flow during implantation.

I haven't read -any- benefits of drinking :coffee: while TTC. I'm considering stopping for my next cycle, but I am soooo not looking forward to the headaches! So, am I'm wondering, have any of your ladies had to go through this? :help:

I myself am a massive coffee drinker, probably about 6-8 cups a day, BUT i do drink only de-caff...do you think de-caff is ok while TTC?? if it's just the caffine that's bad then surely de-caff is ok?? god i hope so!!

xx

I myself am a massive coffee drinker, probably about 6-8 cups a day, BUT i do drink only de-caff...do you think de-caff is ok while TTC?? if it's just the caffine that's bad then surely de-caff is ok?? god i hope so!!

xx

I'm not too sure about that one Leese. I always thought decaff would be better than normal stuff but when i did a bit of googling (i know i shouldnt have), i found something that said that to take the caffeine out of normal tea/coffee they use alot of chemicals which may interfere with TTC (i dont think it was a reputable source mind, i think it was just another forum like this one so i dont know how true it is)

x

xx

Leese, I've read that it's the actual coffee itself, decaf or not, that can make the CM acidic around O. So either way, try to cut it out around O, I drink chai during that time. But, at least you don't have to worry about the caffeine, however, there is a small amount of caffeine in decaf...

I switched to 1/2 decaf 1/2 reg in the morning. The first week was brutal, the headaches were AWFUL! But now its all good :) I do treat myself on the weekend to 1 regular cup!

Ugh noooo! I've cut out alcohol completely (except for a glass or two when AF shows) and now I have to give up my coffee?? Why does TTC have to make me a crazy person? *waaaahhh* LOL

Hi

I have cut out coffee completely! I was a huge coffee addict, 10 cups or so a day. Then in October i had a really bad flu which made me vomit every time i even smelt coffee and tea :cry: I have been coffee & tea free since October. My battle is with the fat.

Since i gave up coffee & tea i have had some AMAZING nights sleep! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->