Your Worst Household Chore

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
I can't stand doing dishes - An to make it worse I have a dishwasher in my conservatory that I haven't been able to use in over a year because of the piping/waste pipe! :cry:

Floors, I hate doing floors!

My eyesight is crap so I never do a very good job, and 2 cats and a messy OH render it pointless in 5 minutes anyway :lol:

Ironing - I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hate it all :oops: :oops:
i need to be in the mood for ironing and that way i can stand for hours doing it but if im not in the mood it takes me about an hour to iron one of colbys t-shirts cos i make an arse of it :lol:

but worst of all is putting all the clothes away after spending hours ironing then having to put them all away i just hate it :evil:

I like it all,seriousley I love cleaning and ironing,but if I am pushed I would say washing skirting boards and hoovering,

bex

I think it depends what mood I am in.....I LOVE a clean tidy house and love tidying up with my music blaring out....(you wouldn't know it to look at the house at the mo :( ) but I think the only thing I HATE is ironing, but tbh, we don't do it in this household, only if it REALLY needs it.....I think the ironing board came out 2 times last year :oops:

Tam a woman after my own heart. Our ironing board is as neglected as yours.

if I lived closer I would do the lot,I like it. I am nuts I do realise that

bex

Mummy2twoplusbump said:
Tam a woman after my own heart. Our ironing board is as neglected as yours.

Thank god for that :lol:

Oh my god am I a bad housewife I have never in my life washed skirting boards!! what whould you do that for, I just suck up any dust with the hoover attachment.

Cat said:
Oh my god am I a bad housewife I have never in my life washed skirting boards!! what whould you do that for, I just suck up any dust with the hoover attachment.

That's what I was thinking! But I just looked at mine, and they ARE minging :oops:

I do all my skirting boards,top of doors and door frames,and my front door on a Friday,lol

God I am feeling paranoid now like I am a nutter,lol

B

My Mums army husband was VERY strict on things like skirting boards! I wanted to ram his face in the dirty bucket of water :evil: :twisted:

I hoover my skirting boards thats it,
I HATE cleaning my oven!
I hate hanging clothes up
I hate ironing and i do it as and when i need it as i tend to crease them up more ironing everything and putting it away! :lol:

Yvonne said:
I hoover my skirting boards thats it,
I HATE cleaning my oven!
I hate hanging clothes up
I hate ironing and i do it as and when i need it as i tend to crease them up more ironing everything and putting it away! :lol:

um i think i clean my oven annually :oops:

and ironing... i dont believe in that!! it creases wen u wear it :rofl:

My thing is pegging out washing. God, it's tedious. Actually don't have a washing line because I hate it that much. I use the tumble dryer and airer for everything. OH is keen on us getting a whirly-gig for when the babies come. :(

I have the best oven in the world. It has this setting on it to clean it where it heats up to mega temperature for a couple of hours and all you are left with is a little pile of ash that you wipe away. Bliss! :D

Ironing? Not likely. OH does his own and we just iron as we go. It's amazing how many things don't really need to be ironed at all. :lol:

i like cleaning but i have to be in the mood. i have ran out of cleaning products kris just went the shop i sent him to get bleach and bath cleaner i am soooo looking forward to him going to work and the kids afternoon nap so i can clean all my bathrooms :D

Helen said:
My thing is pegging out washing. God, it's tedious. Actually don't have a washing line because I hate it that much. I use the tumble dryer and airer for everything. OH is keen on us getting a whirly-gig for when the babies come. :(

I have the best oven in the world. It has this setting on it to clean it where it heats up to mega temperature for a couple of hours and all you are left with is a little pile of ash that you wipe away. Bliss! :D

Ironing? Not likely. OH does his own and we just iron as we go. It's amazing how many things don't really need to be ironed at all. :lol:

wow posh oven i want one :lol:

i aint got a washing line either but my reason is they always have spiders in the pegs :shock: i use my tumble dryer

i find if you use a tumble dryer then the clothes don't crease that much.

I have had my oven 1 yr and not cleaned it yet! :lol: The grill was smoking tonight so i better do it tomorrow.

MY TIP...... Put and oven dish in with water and vinager and put it in the oven on full heat til it is bubbling and steaming, the acid in the vinegar heats up and softens all the crap with the steam and it all wipes off! No hassle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->