• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

'You're killing my son'

lau86

Reaction score
Did anyone see this? It was a documentary about neon Roberts, whose mum tried to take him away so he couldn't get radiotherapy for a brain tumour. I must admit I was absolutely shocked at the mum!

I didn't...but I would like too. Which channel was it on?

I remember reading about it and felt so sorry for the Dad and the Son.

I watched it on 4 seven last night. I felt very sorry for them too

i watched it. i cried so much :(
feel so sorry for him, safe to say hes better off with his dad. x

The woman's got a very dangerous screw loose IMO

Poor little boy, glad he's on the mend though.

I watched it. I think the mum was just very deluded. Maybe it was the fear of her son dying. Might have scared her so much that it made her not think properly.

It was a very sad program xx

Didnt watch it but have read about it- so glad that the courts over ruled her. Seems that even now he is doing well she isnt happy :shrug: I guess you dont know what fear does to people, but I just cannot to relate to her way or thinking at all x

I couldn't decide whether she just wasn't very bright or whether she was a bit attention seeking. I thought it was weird how she turned up to court dressed to the nines. Her son also didn't seem to want to be with her!
No one said radiotherapy was a good option, I think the doctors just think its better than death! Fair enough if she doesn't agree but she never actually said that. And that woman who runs the hyperbaric oxygen chambers, it seemed she was just making it up as she went along! I think that's dangerous for vulnerable people

I've just watched it on 4OD.

I'm actually really concerned about the fact the woman who ran the 'clinic' is allowed to 'practice.' The advice given could be very dangerous indeed. It's worrying that people/parents choose to go to them rather than medically trained doctors. As Lau86 said, she just seemed to make things up as she went along.

And the guy selling radiation protectors......that's just taking money from gullible people IMO.

The mother, I honestly cannot see her point, I really can't. Most of the time, even if I don't agree with their ways, I can at least see why people would choose a certain thing, but her I just can't.

Such a sad program :( The dad and son looked like they had such a connection though!

I found he mum to be highly concerning with her behavior .. parading around for the cameras at court. And when she was on morning tv talking about the devastating side effects and her main point was not having grandchildren! Its not about YOU love . shouldn't it be that neon could not be a father some day if he hoped to be.

Also when she came to the house and was talking on her mobile to the dad rather than just ringing the doorbell (highly ironic considering her beliefs!) and she said to Neon ''You love me so much'' .. was just creepy.

The worst one though was when the SIL rang to say come round Neons going to be going into hospital and she didnt :( how could you not be there to give your chid a cuddle.

I know i shouldn't judge based on a one hour program but i cant help it everything ive seen and read points to this woman being a complete narcissist who really needs help.

I saw it advertised but never saw it, I am not good with sad programmes. Glad to read he got his treatment and is with his dad though

his dad did great! his mom on the other hand she was more intrested in posing for the cameras! very strange women indeed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->