Yours Sweep experiences please......

bouncychick

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I'm 40 plus 1 day today and have had my 1st sweep. Wasn't painful just felt a bit odd. Ever since bump has felt very tight. Also a lot more tender than usual. Still have a very small amount of blood.

does this sound promising???

What happened to you when you had yours????

Thanks Kelly xxxx

I had a sweep at 41weeks. a few hours laterI had a bloody show and contraction came a little later. my daughter was born 12 hours after the sweep!

I had a sweep at 40+3, did nothing.

Had another sweep at 40+5, 24 hours after having a prostin gel inserted (was due to be induced that day) ... gave birth about 4 hours later!!

I love hearing the storys :) sounds like it worked or you! I had mine at 11.30 this morning now 17.30 so will see bump still tight. Going to go and get some tea and have a walk! X

My midwife attempted a sweep at 40+6 (she said my cervix was too far back to properly hook around it). Few hours later I had a bloody show and my waters broke the next morning! xx

I had mine at 39+6. Within half an hour I lost my plug and had cramps for the rest of the day. Then nothing the next day. I went into labour on 40+4.

I had a sweep at 39+6 and was 1cm dilated but high, posterior and not effaced. That didn't work.

Then i had one at 40+6 and was the same as above. I went into labout at 6am the next morning and he was here by midday!

With my daughter I had a sweep on the Thursday evening and then spent the whole next day scrubbing the house and she came that night! Not sure if it was the sweep or the cleaning... xxx

I had one at 40+1 aswel... She said it went really well .. I had the same things as u except tightenings ( I never had tightenings when in labour either or any BH )

I gave birth on 40+3 ;)

1st sweep at 40wks 8hrs later i had my son. 2nd sweep at 38wks was only slightly favourable but day after my waters went and had my son 12hrs later.

thanks ladys had another one today and felt very upset when midwife left even tho baby is 1/5 engaged and bag of water is in the right place ad being 2cm dilated I was told cervix was to thick and labour wouldn't be until least after the weekend I'm already nearly 5 days overdue.
I was very upset by her being so negative!!!

Hugs sweetie... I know you may not feel like it but maybe trying a bit of play with OH now may help :winkwink:

I had my sweep at 41 weeks and like yourself felt very diff after nothing that i would call labour but felt very perculiar. When mw did sweep i was already 2cm dilated n fully effaced had my 1st contraction 12 hours after the sweep and then gave birth to my daughter 3 hours later

I had a sweep at 40 weeks exactly and went into labor at 40 weeks +3 days, but typically if you don't go into labor within 48 hours of the sweep then the sweep is thought to have failed.

People say it hurts, and you do bleed a bit, but for me it didn't, actually what hurt the most was her knuckle scrapping against my outside parts

I had a sweep on my due date, then at 4 days overdue and then 7 days overdue. None of them worked, much to my disappointment. I had my LO at 10 days overdue and i went into labour by walking for about 8 hours solid until went into labour :haha: I was so determined not to be induced

Well I'm still going - am happy and have walked about 1/2 miles today around the park having to pee in the bushes!!! Ha ha

It's 31 hours after sweep so think may have failed. But my husband is home all weekend cannot wait to spend so time with him. Being induced sat so could be our last weekend just us before baby arrives :)

try to relax, I was so stressed out by going overdue, but the stress hinders the whole process. The day I finally relaxed was the day I went into labor. The average is 41 weeks, and you can literally go from no dilation or effacement to full in just a few hours. I think I was 50% effaced before labor started and was 100% within 3 hours and then early labor started. You've come so far already, not much longer now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->